XXIX. "It was your idea"

"I need help" My soul jumped out of my bones at these words

"I need help" My soul jumped out of my bones at these words. Only one person I know has a honey-like voice like that. Axar.

"Where are you? I'm coming to get you".

"I'm at the police station" My eyes widen as I grab my coat. What the hell is she doing there? Actions now, questions later. I quickly slip on my shoes, as I hear Axar's breathing on the other line. God, I really hope she's safe. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I lost her again.

I'll be there soon. Are you okay-" and she hung up. Gosh, what did she do to get into this predicament? I make my way to the lobby and the parking spot, only to see two guards instead of the door.

"Where's the Maybach?" The two guards look at each other hesitantly before answering. "Well, we believe that Miss D'Alarie took it last night, and our team tracked it this morning, and It's on the side of the road."

"Shit! Do you know the danger that my fiancée is currently in? Just because you two dimwits didn't tell me earlier. Call an Uber, I have to go pick her up." They both nod frantically and start fiddling with their phones. Fucking idiots.

"S-sir, the car is out front-" I don't let him finish his sentence before I'm walking towards the lobby and the front of the hotel.

"Uber for Acelian?"

"Yeah, that's me. The police station, please" He nods, and, in a few minutes, we arrive at the destination. I tell the driver to wait and walk up to the receptionist.

"Hi, is a certain Axar D'Alarie being detained here?" The woman is about to talk until my angel's voice speaks up.

"Yes, she is. And she's ready to make bail." The receptionist chuckles, her eyes twinkling in amusement.

"Did officer Shawn tell you that? It's your first offense here. You'll just have to pay a ticket, and you can leave" We both sigh in relief, me to have my fiancée back, and her, because she doesn't have to pay bail.

"Okay then." She walks over to a counter, picks her clutch up, and pays for the ticket. My phone buzzes in my jean pocket, and when I take it out, it's the two guards from earlier.

"What" I practically growled into the phone. I sound like a bear.

"S-sir, we located the car. I-It was on the side of the road. We would bring it back, but the key is nowhere to be found." I look over to Axar, who's looking at her feet.

"We'll be there soon" I hang up on the two dimwits and turn to my fiancée. Her dress has dirt all over it, and her beautiful short hair looks untamed.

"Let's go" I lead her out of the police station and get back in the Uber. "Do you have the keys to the car?" She nods. "Okay then. The route back to the hotel" The driver nods and starts driving. The car ride is silent, as we near the highway. "Stop right here. Thank you" I pay the driver and exit the car. I hold my hand out for Axar, but she swats it away and proceeds to walk out of the car and towards the Maybach herself.

I walk over to her, still not saying a word. She hands me the keys and walks to the passenger side. It's quite different for her since she's used to having the driver's side on the right. I get in the car and drive off, still in silence. But when Axar broke the silence, I didn't expect her to say this.

"You probably would have left me to rot in that cell if I didn't call you" I shift my eyes from the road to her. "No, I wouldn't. Your father and my mother would have my head if they knew that. I'm not in the mood for a scolding" She slumps back in her seat, suddenly interested in her nails. I drive back to the hotel, and park. Axar walks out hurriedly, and I follow her. When we get to the penthouse, she goes straight to her room. Sighing, I call Vianello. He answers on the third ring.

"Get up and grab Kourtney. If anyone asks, it was your idea".

-----------------------------------

What's going to happen in the next chapter? 🤔

Btw I know that it's short, but the other one is longer.

Comment

Share

Vote

And see you in the next one.