XXXV. "You never asked"

"𝓣𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓫𝓮 𝓵𝓸𝓼𝓽, 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓼𝓱𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓷𝓸𝓽; 𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓭𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱 𝓼𝓱𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓷𝓸 𝓭𝓸𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓲𝓸𝓷

"𝓣𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓫𝓮 𝓵𝓸𝓼𝓽, 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝓼𝓱𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓷𝓸𝓽; 𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓭𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱 𝓼𝓱𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓷𝓸 𝓭𝓸𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓲𝓸𝓷." ― 𝓓𝔂𝓵𝓪𝓷 𝓣𝓱𝓸𝓶𝓪𝓼

-----------------------------------------

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Why am in this situation at least once a week is a question that I will not answer, even to a child. I sleep more in a hospital than I do in my own bed. Comes with the job, I guess. Slowly coming to consciousness, I open my eyes, only to look up at that stupidly bright fucking light.

"Axar" And that voice. I fully open my eyes and scan my surroundings, for my eyes to land on my bandaged arm. I forgot that I am a poor patient of hemophilia and that I usually bleed more than usual.

(A/N: Hemophilia is a rare disease that prevents blood from clotting as it's supposed to. This condition stops the production of what we call a clotting factor, which in return can make the blood flow out of the body quickly, or for a longer period.)

"Axar, you have been irresponsible these last few days. Do you know all the chaos that you've caused to the mafia already?" I roll my eyes at my father's revelation.

"No, do you know what you've done? If it was you still leading them, you would have let the Italians kill them. It was one of the vows that I made during my initiation. To always put the mafia before me. I was picking my wedding dress when I got that call." It's his turn to roll his eyes.

"Yeah, well you left your mother in tears. Just because you become the new donna, that doesn't mean that you get to threaten your own mother. She's going to come in, and I want you to apologize".

"Over my dead body" He leaves the room with a shake of his head and leaves me here with my thoughts. The last thing I remember saying was asking for Acelian. Gosh, why was I so stupid? I'm supposed to be mad at him, but he's making it hard for me. I just hope Kat dealt with the downfall, while I'm here. The door opens to reveal my sorry excuse of a mother.

"Graham told me you have something to tell me"

"Yeah, get me my discharge papers" I give her a fake smile, and she looks at me unimpressed.

"I expected a sorry, Axar" I chuckle darkly and lift myself off the bed, to come face to face with the wench. I feel loose a little of my balance, but I straighten myself quickly. Never show your weakness to the ones who have the power to destroy it.

"Well, you'll get it. On my fucking deathbed" I hear another presence coming in the room, but I'm too focused on my mother to see who.

"Mei Vida, be careful, you might hurt yourself" I roll my eyes at Acelian. And to think that he's the one I asked for before I fell unconscious. My mother scurries off, and I look behind me, and He's seated on my bed, facing the window.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"There's a lot of shit that I don't tell you, so be specific, tosser" I climb back on the bed, grab the jug of water that's on my bedside table, and pour myself a cup of water.

"That you have Hemophilia" He turns around to look at me, and I shrug.

"You never asked"

"I should have, and I'm sorry-"

"Shut up-"

"I'm trying to say sorry for what happened in Toronto, but you won't let me say anything. You shut me out every time, and I'm just trying to fix our relationship. We're going to get married, for fuck's sake!"

"Yeah, a marriage that none of us want! Have you not realized that I would never forgive you for everything you did to me?"

"Well-"

"Axar, your papers-Oh I'm sorry, am I interrupting?" My mother barges in like she owns the place and smiles sheepishly. Bitch.

"Yes actually. Please escort your plastic ass out of the hospital. I'll call you whenever" I shoo her out of the room and proceed to add my signature at the bottom of my discharge papers.

"Mei Vida-"

"I'm going to go to the bathroom, and when I come back, I do not want you in the vicinity of this hospital. Got it?" He nods his head, and I walk past him, to go to the bathroom.

Why won't I listen to him? Because my head is telling me not to, but my heart wants so desperately to know what he has to say. I need to figure out what I'm going to do.

I'm walking out of Axar's hospital room when my phone vibrates in my pocket

I'm walking out of Axar's hospital room when my phone vibrates in my pocket. I answer the call and connect it to my car.

"Pronto?"

"Hello, old friend. So, my date ditched me, and I wanted to ask you if you wanted to go to this painting presentation in New York with me"

"When is it?"

"In two days"

"Tight schedule, I'll see if I can."

"Bring your fiancée, will you? I want to see the person that helped you remember I existed" I chuckle. "They're also exposing hidden poetry"

"From Whom?"

"Tolstoy"

"See you in New York" I hang up on him, and smile. He knows that Tolstoy is my favorite poet. I drive off, and head to my base. I have a few things I need to deal with. But first I need to call Atreus.

"Hey man. Are you going to New York soon?"

----------------------------------------------

Hope you liked it, because I didn't

Comment

Share

Vote

And see you in the next one.