XXXVII. "Axar, can we talk?"

TW: SEXUAL CONTENT AHEAD

Climbing the steps to my private jet, I look at the time. 9:56 PM. I packed 3 days' worth of clothes in 30 minutes. The team decided that we would go to New York as soon as possible, go to Atreus's exhibit tomorrow, discover the Italian don on the last day and come back. Kat is going to oversee the mafia, and Siobhan's in charge of the vinery and bar. Now I'm getting on a plane with my brother and enemy. How I love the cards I've been dealt. I'll just take the bedroom for myself then.

"Bye boys." I wave the pair of them goodbye, making sure to glare at Acelian, before making my way to the bedroom. I set down my bag and plopped down on the bed. I've been in a meeting all afternoon, with my closest team, my mafia, and my family. I've had people yell at me, and call me crazy and the rest just understood. The only person I haven't communicated with is my parents. Gosh, I don't even want to think about anything that they're going to say. I sigh and charge my phone and pull my laptop out. I still have to go over the paperwork and the graphic design for our wine.

I work for about an hour, and I lay down after sending in my revisions. I'm quite tired, and I haven't slept since last night. But the second my eyes start closing, the pilot warns us of our landing. I groan and start packing up my things and head into the cabin, where Atreus is napping on the couch, and Acelian is working.

I plop myself beside my brother, which wakes him up and I fasten my seatbelt. My brother does the same, and in a few minutes, we land in New York. The big apple. We walk towards the car that's currently waiting for us and start driving off to the house we'll be staying at.

"Atreus, can we get some doughnuts, please?" I plead with him, but Acelian buts in.

"You need to eat first"

"I don't think that's any of your concern, Acelian" I hiss back at him and look at my brother, who's contemplating who to side with.

"He's right, muse" I'll shave his eyebrow in his sleep-

"Fine then." I huff ad shrink back in my seat. The bastard wants to be like that, two can play that game.

 The bastard wants to be like that, two can play that game