Back to business

You get cracked off sleep by someone knocking your door the, who knows, hundredth time.

Only slowly you get to open up your eyes, rubbing them you at least sit up in your bed. Hearing another knock, you get up letting out some annoyed "Coming!"

Tedious you arrive at your door. Tired as you are, you don't even look through the spion who this could be, waking you up.

'Whoever dares is begging to die today' you think while opening the door.

Your eyes widen as you realize who's just standing in front of it. "Jonathan..." you mumble.

"God Y/n! Look at you, a mess all over and this at 10 a.m. in the freaking morning!" The older man presses himself past you into you apartment.

You're only up to take a confused look after Jonathan, who is looking around your place with sharpen eyes.

"Coffee?" You ask him after you closed your door and followed him into the kitchen.

He answers with a discarding hand movement. You shrugg your shoulders, grabbing some glass to fill in water.

"You really forgot it!" He out of all sudden starts to get onto you. Jonathan crabs your glass before you're even able to take at least one little sip.

"Forgot what?" You ask lost. You have no clue. Especially not after the last night.

"We were waiting for you." He now says calmed down. The man lets go off you and walks around the kitchenette, shaking his head.

"My oh my! Your mom is going to kill me if she knew." Jonathan continues talking in a quiet way, knowing he'd catch you up with your mom.

"No, no, no, please don't tell her a thing, please, I- I'll be there the next time! I promise, but please don't tell mom yet!" You beg Jonathan walking towards him.

His eyes look through you. The next silent moment feels like hours going by.

Your eyes get wet and you grab his crossed arms and beg him again, to not tell your mom about your absence today.

Jonathan lets out a long breath. He moves his arms out of your hands and lifts them both up, as if he would just scream to the Gods to help him.

"God Y/n! You must be lucky I really care about you and don't wanna make your mom upset about her little girl." He finally says something. Your eyes widen.

"Fine!" He starts, but before he gets to say another thing you literally throw yourself into his arms hugging him. "Thank you Jonathan." You whisper.

After a few moments hugging he softly pulls you away from him. "But promise me you'll be there tomorrow. Ahead of time." He wants you to do better than today.

"I promise." You say, meaning it.

"Who's gonna be with me?" You start to ask about the set he wants you to be on.

"If I tell you now, you won't have less reason to really come tomorrow." He puts a good point on not reveal a thing.

"Not even a little little detail yet?" You beg him with puppy eyes to spoiler some thing.

Jonathan shakes his head clearly.

"Be there 9 a.m. and not even one millisecond later." He says one last time, before going to leave. You hold him back.

"Thank you again, Jonny. I really don't wanna disappoint my mom again. All I want is to find my way back into the life she did all for, for me to once have it."

"You are her everything. Watching you losing control over things broke more than just her heart." He remembers two years ago. "You can't undo falling, but you can do better than ever, that's what your mom and I want you to. You can do this, Y/n." He put his hand on your shoulder, shaking yourself a little to wake you up.

Again your eyes get wet, remembering how you were falling down and couldn't help yourself two years ago. As one tear rolls down your cheek, Jonathan puts his hand on it and whipes away the tear with his thumb.

"It's okay kid. Just take the chance I'm giving you and get right back into the business." He says calm.

"W-what if I fall again, losing control happened because I couldn't handle being famous." You worry.

"If one thing's for sure, the people you gonna surround yourself with nowadays, won't let you down as your 'friends' did back then." Jonathan makes sure you gonna have yourself better people to be with, than before.

'You can't know, no one can' you think looking down to your feet.
Jonathan copies you. "What the heck! Y/n! Shoes!" He gets loud in a shocked way.
You realize and run to your bedroom to take on your shoes.

Back in the kitchen you notice Jonathan having a call. You actually tried to hold yourself back, but can't help listening.

| I fixed this. | Sure, I understand, but- | Okay. | I hope so. | See you tomorrow! |

As soon as he hangs up the phone, he turns back to you. "Wow, not even trying to hide yourself while listening to my calls." He smiles at you.

"May I-" "No you can't ask who it was." He interrupts you before even asking.

"I'll leave now. See you tomorrow, kid." Jonathan hugs you one more time.

"See you." Is all you can say, before your door closes.