Epilogue II

The night of Winter Formal came. Maddy and her best friends got ready at her place and they all left in Cassie's car before Teddy came. Teddy wore a 90s style black suit, a plain white tee and silver eyeshadow to match Maddy in her black crystal gown, they drove to East High and had a short photoshoot with Teddy's and Maddy's friends before entering the dance.

They all danced together, pushed two big tables to sit together when they quickly wore out and they all had a fun time talking, taking turns at the photobooth and drinking punch and Gatorade mixed with tequila. Everything was all fun and games until a sophomore volunteer came running to their table. When he stopped at the table he was panting with his head down, so they initially laughed at the way he ran past everyone in his path. Fear only took a hold of them when he lifted his panic-stricken face.

He stood on the side of the tables opposite to where Teddy sat, behind Melissa and Joel. Teddy stood up, from between Maddy and Kat, and walked over to him. She held him by the shoulders and asked, "What happened?"

The valet boy pointed in the direction of the door. "Nate... he's here.." The group of friends heard the name clearly over the blaring melody. "..wants to ...talk to you both," he said pointing at Maddy and Teddy.

Teddy and Maddy looked at each other and their friends all looked at the couple, Rue and Jules shared a glance. Teddy turned back to him and said, "Okay. Go get a glass a punch, find a seat and take your time. If I'm not back in 5 minutes, tell everything to one of the teachers and bring 'em out. Okay?"

He nodded quickly and Teddy gave him a soft push. She turned to her friends and girlfriend and said, "I'll go alone. If I'm not back in 5, call Mr. Ray and my folks. Okay?"

Maddy got up and yelled to be clear as day to Teddy over the music, "No! I'm coming with you! He said he wants to talk to us both!"

Teddy went over to her, held her hands and replied, "And why do we need to give him what he wants? Plus, what good came last time when the both of us were there to talk to him?"

Fear glossed up Maddy's eyes.

Teddy hugged her and said into her ear, "Don't worry. I'll be right back." She gave her a small kiss on the cheek before turning for the exit.

Maddy sat back down and Rue announced to the table, "Imma go to the loo and be right back."

She didn't wait for anyone's reply and left. Once she was out of any of their views, Rue ran up to Teddy and yelled, "Wait up!" in the empty hallway.

Teddy was surprised. She stopped in her tracks, turned right around and asked, "What happened?"

"I also wanna talk to Nate."

Teddy knew about what happened between Jules and Nate, Rue told her everything the night she stayed an hour past visiting hours when Rue was in extreme pain and her mom had another hour in her shift. As Rue writhed in agony, she broke down into tears and screamed all of her friends back to their homes. Teddy stayed, got an earful and after some confrontation, Rue slowly told her every detail. No one, not even Jules or Maddy, knew that Teddy knew. Teddy said, "Fine. But don't say much, because he might use that for Maddy's case and pull Jules into the entire thing."

"'kay."

The girls in black marched out and pushed the doors open to see Nate lean against the railing.

He looked up and smiled that devious smile and said, "Hey ladies! Not the two I was hopin' for, but I'll take what I can get."

The ladies crossed their arms over their chests and Teddy asked, "How was physiotherapy Nate?"

"Want a referral?"

"No. Just wanted to know if you'll actually suffer if I send you back."

He chuckled and shifted his eyes onto Rue. "And what do you want druggie?"