Chapter 32: Stalker

Teddy side-parked the car in front of Maddy's house and got out of the car to open the backdoor for Maddy like a chauffeur. Maddy giggled as she wrapped her left hand around Teddy's right arm while her other hand carried two shopping bags out of four.

They walked the seven steps to the door. "So, next Halloween we should shop like 2 weeks earlier, don't forget. We've got to save money."

"You're already planning ahead, huh?"

"Well... I was hoping that we'd last for a good while. But if you don't want, it's fine."

"No! That's not what I meant! I do want to... be with you for a long time, you know, because, why not? We may have only dated for a week now but-"

Maddy chuckled seeing her lover panic and seeing her laugh about it, Teddy relaxed. Maddy was about to kiss Teddy as they stood in front of her door, but she saw Nate on the other side of the road, leaning on the hood of his white pickup. Even under the few yellow lights, she recognized his silhouette in the dark blue hoodie and dimly lit face. 

She quickly stepped back from the kiss and Teddy got scared. "What happened?"

She looked away from him and into her eyes. "Teddy, you have to listen to me carefully. I need you to go back to the car and drive straight home. No matter what happens, don't look back."

"Why? What happened?"

"Someone's here. I don't want him to hurt you."

Teddy turned her head backwards, trying to take a look, and asked, "Is it Nate?"

But before she could properly see him, Maddy took Teddy by the chin and turned her face towards her. "What did I tell you? Just for me, go home and don't do anything stupid. Please... Promise me you won't start a fight."

Teddy sighed. "...I promise."

"Thank you. Text me the second you get home," she said as she opened her front door as quickly as her shaky hands could.

"Okay."

"See you."

"Bye."

Maddy closed the door and Teddy walked back to her car after hearing the door lock. Then Teddy disobeyed Maddy.

She made direct eye contact with Nate before she got in her car and she drove home like she didn't give two fucks about who he was.

He was pissed.

He followed Teddy to her home and didn't get a chance to talk to her, her brother had opened the door for her. She had called Sam and told him about the entire situation on the way and he told it to their parents.

Once her home's door closed and they turned off all the lights in the house, the entire family watched Nate take a U-turn back to his house from the kitchen blinds. Once he was out of view, Sonny tucked Becca into bed. She was stubborn on knowing about how the date went.

"I promise, as soon as I wake up, I'll fill you in on the deets."

"Pinky promise?" asked Rebecca, holding out her baby finger.

Sonny curled hers around her baby sister's. "Pinky promise." She pulled away saying, "Now, go to sleep, it's very late."

"But it's only 9:30..." she whined to her older sister who sat on her left.

Sonny got irritated. "Well then, I'm tired Becca! *Ennikkorrangannum!!"

"Okay, cry baby... Good night!" she muttered, turning away from her sister.