Chapter 50: On the Way

Maddy left the Queen t-shirt on and changed out of her pajamas, into the pair of jeans she had worn earlier that day, to reconnect with the love of her life. She tied her hair up into a bun and washed her face.

She might not accept my apology, right?

How is that a question?

It's extremely possible that she won't listen to your apology or, worse, doesn't even want to see you ever again.

yeah...

Are you forgetting the promise she made to her mom?? She said she promised that no matter what happened between you guys, she would protect you. 

She's a woman of her word. She'll keep her promise and apologizing will make you more bearable, if it doesn't heal things between the both of you.

Or she could be lying about the whole "promise" thing.

She kept her eye bags visible and drew her eyeliner. Guess I just have to got there and talk it out with her.

Oh, look who's become gutsy!

Of course!!! This is her Teddy we're talking about!

She gave herself a hopeful smile. She was combing her hair and tying it into a proper bun when she remembered the chorus of 'Summertime Sadness' by Lana Del Rey.

"Kiss me hard before you go,
Summertime Sadness.
I just wanted you to know
That baby you the best"

Once she was done getting ready, she marched down the stairs and into her mom's car. She was was on the way to fight her Great War. Her charioteer started the engine and her father bid them farewell while Summertime Sadness played on repeat in her head till they reached the front lines.

Sonia pulled her small black car into the Rosenberg Residence to find four cars, Maddy had identified two of them. So when Mrs. Perez shot Maddy with a cautious look, Maddy said with an assuring tone, "The silver pickup is one of her friends' and the light blue car is Sonny's."

"And the other ones?"

"One must be her Dad's and the other... I don't know." Caution came to her too.

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yeah Mama," Maddy said and then pushed open her passenger door. She took a deep breath, closed the door and walked over to the front of the door. She froze.

Don't.

Do it.

Don't do it.

Do it!

DON'T DO IT!!

DO IT!!!

DON'T D-

By then Mrs. Perez had gotten out of the car, locked it and rang the bell herself.

"What happened, mija?"

"Nothing," she said trying to hide her panic.

"Are you sure?"

"Yea-"

The door flew open to reveal Tony looking at his right and yelling at someone while everyone in the view of the door froze. Once he was done straining his chords, Tony looked at the person standing in front of him and flinched backwards. Amidst the chaos in the house, no one noticed the new car that had parked in front of the kitchen windows.