Chapter 12: Hi.....

Maddy entered the campus dressed as her regular self and people began murmuring and whispering. "Maddy's dressing like normal again!" "Is she back with Nate?" "Is she with someone new?" "I heard that she got into a fight with Nate and now she's on a rebound." "Did she forgive him for what he did?"

She heard them the way she always did and usually she would get mad or hyped up by what they said, but this time she was worried about Sonia. Not Nate or whatever the fuck happened with the dumbass in lab yesterday, but Sonia.

Her second period was homeroom and the second the bell rang for it, she took everything she had in hand from the first period and ran to Sonia's Math class and knocked on the door. Mrs. Kingston was very surprised to see Maddy and opened the door a bit. She asked, surprised, "How may I help you, Ms. Perez?"

Panting, Maddy said, "I... need to talk Sonia. ...It's urgent."

"...Okay," she said and headed back with pure concern and confusion. "Ms. Rosenberg? I need you outside for a minute."

Sonia got up from her seat in the back of the room with a pure fear of what she thought was a call to the principal's office since she couldn't see who was asking for her. She had sent a hate letter last year about the bullying that was rampant and how it was East Highland's fault for fostering it when she got drunk a few years back, she got scared that she mailed it with the correct address and postage. I know now that it isn't the school's or the education system's fault, it is the fault of the fact that the American government is fascist and unwilling to provide funding for the total healthcare of its residents because otherwise they'll lose their pawns in war. Wait, will that make sir madder?

The relief that flowed over Sonia when she saw Maddy was immeasurable. Mrs. Kingston asked Maddy, "Do you need any help from me?"

"No, thank you ma'am. She will be back in a few minutes."

"Take your time dear."

"Thank you."

That's when Sonia remembered that she was supposed to be mad at Maddy, so she feigned irritation and asked, "What do you want?"

Her breath had steadied by then but she could feel her heart stand at the starting line, waiting for the gun to go off. "I just wanted to say that I didn't mean to hurt you. I genuinely want you ...as a friend. I think you are a really interesting person and I want to be with you in your highs and lows. I want you to be there when I'm telling my secrets to the people I trust and hanging out with the people I love. I'm very sorry if I pissed you off yesterday."

Sonia couldn't believe it. Maybe she needs help getting with someone or wants advice or something. She chuckled and said with a soft smile, "Don't worry, you didn't piss me off," I love you, "...I just overreacted to a... misunderstanding." I actually thought I had a crush.

"There's nothing wrong with getting emotional," they chuckled, "Misunderstandings happen all the time."

Sonia tucked the rogue strands over her face, behind her ears. "How did you find out which class I was in?"

"BB has her sources."

"Of course. ..You know you could've just texted me," she said, digging her hands into her pockets and leaning against the wall.

Maddy leaned on the same wall with her shoulder, facing Sonny, and said "Yeah... but I didn't want to seem like I was lying." I wanted to see you.

God, I want to kiss her. "Back to your style I see."

Maddy looked down at her bedazzled shorts and off-shoulder crop top and said, "Yeah. Do you like it?"