Chapter 11: Dancing and Slipping at the Café

Sonia and her friends got together at Joel and Evie's. They were spread out over his room as they discussed about the possible consequences and implications of what happened in Sonia's Bio class when Maddy sent her a text.

Hey

Do u wanna meet up today

We could discuss about our bio project

Sonia's face lit up thinking, Oh my God! She wants to hang out with me! But her happiness was dampened when Melissa words entered her mind. "She could even be lying to get Sonny to sleep with her and say that it was really Sonny who had hurt her at the carnival. Or that Sonny said something to make Nate and Maddy mad and fight so that she could get into her pants."

That... is possible. ...I should be cautious. So Sonia texted back,

Yeah

Let's meet at Chewie's Café?

I don't know where that is but k

dw I'll send the location

Sonny sent the location and took a glance at the time. 5:30

Is 6 fine?

Yea

c u soon

On the other side of the chat, five girls shrieked. 

"Oh my God! You need to get ready quickly!" yelled Cassie.

*****

Maddy entered the café at 6:08 pm in a lavender cardigan, white printed t-shirt underneath and jeans with her hair in a middle part and her bag on her shoulder. Sonia stood up wearing the same outfit she wore to school that day, a red and green flannel over a black full sleeve tee that read 'Plato is the cutest bitch', mom jeans and her black waves tied again to imprison the loose strands.

"Hey..." gushed Sonia.

"Hi," blushed Maddy. Why is she making feel like this??

"I hope you don't mind me ordering a drink before you came."

"No, it's fine. Did I make you wait?"

"No, I-I love this place anyway. So it doesn't matter."

"Cool. ...I'll give my order and be back."

"Yeah."

Sonia sat back down and scolded herself while Maddy gave her order, paid her for drink and scolded herself. Why do I sound so dumb??? Why does liking someone have to be so dumbing?

Maddy came back to where Sonia sat and Sonia asked, "Do you want to sit upstairs? It'll be more quiet and private."

There are only four others here but why not? "Uh... sure."

"'Kay." Then she called to the barista loudly, "Maggie! We're sittin' up, so could you bring the coffee upstairs?"

"You got it Sonny," they replied with a thumbs up.

"Shall we?" she asked Maddy softly.

"Yeah. We shall." What the FUCK???  Sonia chuckled before she led the way.

They settled at a chair-and-sofa table and Maddy took the sofa. She asked, "So Sunny?"

"Yeah, my friends call me that. Sunny with an 'o' like Sonny and Cher."