Chapter 30: Trial Room

They bought most of the things they needed and casually trod into the fourth store to browse as per Maddy's wishes. Teddy reveled in the success of her mission to distract her girlfriend, sitting on one of the benches in front of the trial room where Maddy tried on a lilac top and skirt ensemble.

After Maddy took the time and pleasure of taking pictures of herself in the stall, she checked the price tag and asked, "So when will you be able to buy me a gift of almost 60 bucks?"

Teddy loudly exhaled. "Phew! Um... When's your birthday?"

"January 31st."

"I can start saving from tomorrow and I should be able to round up almost a 100 if you're willing to chip in on the gas money. If not, going out with my car won't be possible. We'll need to walk everywhere and catch a ride if we wanna go far."

Maddy opened the door and leaned on a side of the door frame seductively, revealing herself in the lilac dress with a hand on her hip and her hair down. "Then thank god we're only 15 minutes away from each other. You can come over to mine and I can come to yours." There were no other customers in the expensive shop.

Teddy froze for a few seconds, admiring her lover. We're... 10 minutes.. by car...... OhmyGod, she's as hot as the Sun. More beautiful than the Moon could ever be... Sorry Selene. "Uh...... My house won't be half as private as yours."

"It doesn't to be so private," she said temptingly, "It's not like we're going to do anything. Right?"

"I-If you say so. I just... mentioned it. For your information."

"Mm-hmm." And she turned around well aware Teddy was thirsting over her.

Maddy closed the door to change out of the alluring dress and asked, "Where do you work actually?"

Teddy shook it off. "I, um, work at my dad's gym. As an assistant more than an instructor, but either way I get paid 10 dollars every Saturday. Then I get five dollars every time I babysit my sister, because she's a reckless little shit when my parents aren't home, and 10 every time I give her a boxing lesson and keep her away from the gym."

"So if your parents are away one day and you give her a lesson, you get 15 dollars or 10?"

"15. I try to do that every single time my parents go on their monthly date nights but sometimes we get lazy and just chill."

"Aww." She began tying her hair back up into the space buns and asked, "Did they go on their date for the month?"

"Yeah."

"Where all do they go?"

"They go to many places but only in town. Sometimes they just go for a walk and come here for a pretzel, sometimes they go on a drive. Sometimes it's a movie with popcorn and rarely ever a fancy dinner."

"They're so adorable..."

Teddy smiled and looked at the plain white ceiling, "Yeah. I hope to have a life like theirs one day, minus two kids. Four are a handful."

"Also imagine giving birth to four," she exclaimed, horrified of the pain she saw in her head.

Her cheeks fell like puppies' ears. I don't think she... thought about being in a relationship with a woman for a long time."...For me, birthing won't be a problem. IVF and surrogacy are super expensive options for people like me..."

Fuck... I didn't realize... But does it matter?? "I always wondered how I would look pregnant... But honestly if not experiencing it means that I get to be with the love of my life, who cares?"