Chapter 8: Besties v. Ex (Part 1)

The next day the ladies gathered at Maddy's house after school and they talked about different things, like whether Maddy was gonna go after Sonia herself, to which Maddy said yes. "She's the perfect one. None of the other candidates come close to her." Cassie asked, "So what about Nate? What're you gonna do about your Friday meets?"

Kat practically screamed when she asked, "You met him? When??"

Maddy shrieked back, "Shut up!" She quickly went to the door and spied from the slit she opened it to, to see if her Dad's attention had been caught with the room's eyes following her. To her luck, he was drunk and asleep as always. 

She closed the door and turned back to face her friends and softly said with her face washed in concern, "You can't say a word about him. My dad's a little bit more alert about shit since two weeks, he's trying to earn back Mom's favor so that she lets him buy more drinks instead of letting the money going to the court jar. And he'll say whatever he can to convince her."

"Sorry," squeaked Kat.

"Shit. It's that bad?" asked Lexi leaning next to the window.

Maddy sat on the chair of her vanity table. "Kinda. Mom shits on Nate every night at dinner and till last week I didn't say anything." A smile sprouted on her face, "But this week I joined and yesterday the both of us laughed till Dad butted in and said some random shit."

"Lol, what's she say?" asked BB.

"Honestly, I don't remember what any of us said," she said smiling, "All I know is I laughed for real for the first time in a while."

"I'm so happy for you baby," said Cassie walking over to Maddy and hugging her. Maddy took a second but hugged her back.

"I can't wait to tell everyone that your mom shit on Nate. Everyone's gonna rage," said BB beaming, lying on the bed and staring at the ceiling, before taking another drag from her e-cig.

Kat, from beside her, asked, "How're you gonna do that? You don't know what Mrs. Perez said."

"Oh baby, I can make up few insults. No problemo!"

Maddy released a hand from the hug and pointed to BB, "And you have every permission from me to!"

The girls chuckled. "So what're you gonna do with the asshole?" asked Cassie looking down to Maddy and loosening the hug.

"I... don't know," she said letting go and looking up. "I'm definitely not going to meet him anymore on Fridays, that's ...today." Her eyes widened at the realization that it had already become Friday, she didn't want to deal with him just yet.

"Uh... We can all go out together if you want, right?" said Lexi looking around the room for the others to drop their plans.

"No," said Kat. "We can't. It'll only be easier for him track us down and try to hurt her."

"Yeah, sorry I didn't think about that."

"How about we have a sleepover?" asked BB getting up in slow-motion, as if she was rising from a death-like slumber in her coffin.

"That'd be so cool. We can have drinks and food!" said Maddy.

"Yeah..." said Cassie with a worried face, softly but catching everyone's attention, "but I won't be able to come. I have a date tonight. It's fine if I don't come right?"

"Of course! Have fun babes," said Maddy with a very calm voice and face.

"Thanks."

"But ...does that mean I'm still invited?" asked Lexi, shyly.

"Of course, you are!" replied Maddy.

"Oh... okay. Thanks."

"And you guys can stay at our place!" said Cassie clapping.

"So let's go right now," calmly suggested Kat.

"Wait. Before that," Cassie's smile dropped, "Maddy do you still have Signal?"

Maddy answered, "Yeah..."

"Delete it."

"But there's messages you guys will wanna see! We'll delete it after we read them," she said slyly.

"Okay." 

Kat added, "Ooh, and you need to turn your location off on everything."

"Yes Mom..." responded Maddy rolling her eyes. Then she looked at Cassie and said, "Also, in case he calls McKay and asks you where I am, tell that I'm at home or sick."

"I'll stick with 'sick'."

"K. Is that all?" Everybody shrugged and BB replied, "For now."

Maddy then got up and said, "Well then gimme a sec to pack and we'll go."

Maddy took a Louis-Vuitton duffel out of her cupboard and BB said, "Gimme your phone. I'll turn the location off." Maddy grabbed her phone from the vanity, unlocked it, gave it and began packing.

-------

AN: Hey guys! I hoped you enjoyed the chapter. If you did, please vote on it!

XOXO,

Perse