Chapter 19: Sleep Over

After Sonia and Maddy returned from their little excursion and sat next to each other on the unoccupied edge of the mattress the others left for them. Everybody acted like nothing happened and Tony got up to introduce the movies with the most votes. He put on his presenter voice and said, "Okay folks! As usual we're gonna go from the bottom of the top 5 to the TOP of the top 5. AT number 5 is, drumroll please," everyone started slapping the floor to Maddy's surprise,  "...Geostorm! A good fucking movie about two bros saving the planet. Definitely not like Zathura: A Space Adventure but who cares right?"

Below his lady, Joel yelled, "Nobody wants to see you getting hard my dude." Everybody laughed and with a disgusted face and a gay ass, Tony continued, "Ugh. Whatever. Anyways, at number 4 AND number 3! I give you..." Another drumroll, this time with Maddy, played for about 3 seconds before Tony yelled, "ROBOCOP!!! PEW PEW! 1987! And PEW PEW! 2014!"

"That was a good pick," said Sonia.

"Thank you," said Evie, "Joel and I picked it."

"Nice."

"Now if the chit-chattin' is over, I'd like to get over with the presenter shit," Tony said in a New Jersey accent, getting everyone to chuckle. He put the presenter voice back on and said, "At number 2, PUSH! It's a film nobody except Sonny has seen before so we're takin' her word and goin' for it. And if it ain't good, she'll cover our trip to Malibu for summer break!" Everyone except Maddy and Sonia roared. "YES!!!"

Once their volume decreased, Maddy asked, "Why can't you guys just see the trailer? Or is it a really old film?"

Sonia looked at Maddy and said, "They're the assholes who think that you shouldn't watch trailers-"

A chorus of offended "Hey...." was sung.

Sonia looked at the others and raised her hands in defeat. "I do admit that the era of good trailers have well passed and gone but I always like to get a heads up of what I'm in for even if it means the end is ruined. Okay? BUT this is a 2009 film from our Capitan 'Murica and Dakota Fanning. SO it's gonna be very hard for y'all not to like at least for its aesthetic." 

Tony interrupted Sonia's monologue and said, "Yeah, yeah whatever. You WILL save and pay for the trip, mark my words." He looked at Maddy and said, "Now, before I announce the winner, I need to say this on behalf of all of us." Maddy got scared. "The only reason 'Inception' didn't get voted on is because we've seen it way too many times and I'm tired of crying."

"Oh yeah..." said Sonia to Maddy, "I forgot to tell you about that."

"It's ok," replied Maddy being relieved.

Tony continued, "We just didn't want you to think, or let others think, that we don't love it or anything."

"...I'd never tell anybody."

"Yeah, but we just wanted to clarify."

Sonia butted in, "She understands Weasley." Maddy nodded. "What's number one?"

"Okay. A huge drumroll please!" Everybody stomped the floor in a rhythm and Maddy joined in with a surprised grin while Tony performed a short dance like drunk trying to do the Irish Dance. Once Tony ran out of breath they stopped and he yelled, "HOT TUB TIMEMACHINE!!!!!!"

Everyone got up and started to high five and hug like old men from Kentucky on the fourth of July when the fireworks set off and Maddy looked up at them in confusion and joy. What is wrong with these people??? What have I gotten myself into? My god... ..Sonia looks very pretty.

Once they calmed down, Sonia sat down next to Maddy and the others went to get themselves snacks before they turned the projector on. Maddy leaned over and asked, "What was that? Am I getting involved in some kind of cult?"

Sonia chuckled and said, "No... It's just that we LOVE Hot Tub Time Machine so much. Only part one. We think it's the ultimate time machine sci-fi film ever made! It's just so good."

"Wow. I can't wait to watch it."

"You'll love it, I promise. What do you wanna have?" she asked getting up.

Maddy also got up, they got food and sat down with Melissa sitting on Maddy's other side. When the initial montage played, Melissa leaned over to her and whispered back, "Hey Maddy?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry for that earlier. I was genuinely just trying to help you. I didn't mean to psych you out."

"No, it's alright! Did Sonia say something?" she asked turning to her right to Sonia with a playful scowl.

"No! She didn't say a thing. I felt guilty, that's why I'm apologizing."

"It's alright, trust me."

"Okay."

They all watched the films one by one, laughing and crying. They had fun talking, eating and drinking and they finally set to sleep at 4 in the morning leaving two films unseen.

-------

AN: I'm sorry I uploaded it late, got busy with a project. I hope you liked the chapter!!! If you did, do vote!

Next chapter comes Saturday (hopefully on time ;))

Until then,

Love,
Perse