𝟑𝟒

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
GOD KNOWS I TRIED
SECOND PERSON
Y/N L/N

KING CYRUS LAUGHED. He mocked you. He made fun of everyone there and your criticisms of him. You were transformed into a doll of a little girl. "Love, stop trying to save the world; you can do better than that. You appear foolish."

But you didn't move. "I genuinely mean it." You fixed your gaze on him. You visualized him lying lifeless on the ground, covered in blood and guts, with his eyes rolling back toward his head.

"Y/n, you can't—" Salvatore spoke.

"Do you want me to kill people?" You turned to look at him. "Do you want me to kill your father?"

He looked away. "Fine, Y/n, I'll let you go," Salvatore said as he stopped the fire. He let go of your waist and backed away.

"You're the girl we wanted to perfect, right?" King Cyrus chuckled. "You'll never be flawless. I won't like it, even if Salvatore has developed feelings for you. I won't consent to that. You'll be put to death, executed, and then sent to hell."

"I would rather enter hell. I was set to wed Salvatore." You stated. "You requested that I. You wanted me to be your pet and become flawless. You are not my owner. You don't have the authority to alter who I am." You made a statement. "I had never acknowledged you in my entire life. I never got to meet my parents. I never got to know them well enough to feel alone. In Italy, my life evolved. I call it home."

"You are a traitor. You betrayed your lovely home. We had everything for you. Yet you were still ungrateful. You wrench, just looking at you makes me feel the disgust you have for me." He spoke. "I don't want to kill you just yet. I want you to suffer the pits of hell before you die. France won't be so easy on you. Tell me, will Giorno come to your aid to save you?"

He laughed once more. "Y/n, this is not a fairy tale. Get up. Evil princesses cannot be saved by a prince. You are merely insignificant. Since we are blazing with power, no one will arrive beside you. Italy is losing ground. They are now fragile. They will lose to us."

"When I am alone, I feel liberated. No one knows my name either. Not a princess am I? I don't think fairytales exist. I've traveled the world. Hell, I've seen it. I was purposefully born here." You made a statement. "Guards, come here and get me," I said.

They listened. They grabbed your arms as you still didn't keep your eyes off King Cyrus. You bastard...You thought to yourself. You furrowed your brows. You were angry. "Kill me. Execute me. Do whatever. I will come back."

"THE WORLD WILL
REMEMBER MY NAME."

_______________

CHANGE OF POV
THIRD PERSON
GIORNO GIOVANNA

GIORNO STARED AT HIS FATHER. He was required to come by his father. Sitting on his throne was Dio Brando. He typically drank wine, but not today. He merely coughed as Giorno turned to face him.

"Is there anything you need, Your Highness?"Giorno enquired. Giorno was thinking about a lot of different things. Y/n Y/n Y/n Y/n is all he could think of.

Brando Dio sighed. "Tell me more about the woman, Giorno. the lady you adore."

Giorno halted. "What? I don't..."

"I see the way you look at her. I see the way you talk to her. I've seen everything, Giorno. You are safe to talk to me." He spoke.

Giorno was frozen. He stammered. "I- I don't know. It's been days ever since I have seen her."

"She was the one who gave up her freedom to travel to France, wasn't she? The woman who went there to carry out the duty you gave her?" Dio inquired. Dio murmured, "Y/n L/n. I never imagined you'd find love. However, you were a very different person when I first saw it. Giorno, I see you differently."

Giorno gave a nod. Regarding this conversation with his father, he was perplexed. "Your Highness, anything else?"

Giorno, I've been thinking about it for a while. He spoke. "Your father, I am. I don't have to be addressed that way. I feel unknowledgeable because you continuously refer to me in that way." He chuckled. Was I anything you were missing?

Giorno blinked. "What?"

"Was there something I did?"

Giorno gave a head shake. There was a lot. He didn't see his father. He never met his mother. Never had a partner. It was just him. Y/n was the only person he had, and she was no longer there.

"I am aware of your pain, Giorno." He spoke. Giorno didn't like it. He never spoke in this way to his father. Like this, his father never spoke to him. "You want her back, I know that. But I'm giving you this chance. Giorno, what do you want? You desire to protect her. I'm allowing you. You will be King when you return to Italy."

"Why, father Why are you offering this to me?" Giorno enquired. He turned to face his father. He only observed confusion and hatred. His father, in his opinion, never gave a damn about him. He frequently considered the horrors his father had done to him.

"To save her, you want to travel to France. My dear friend betrayed me, and now I consider him to be worthless. I am aware of Giorno's emotions. You feel abandoned and betrayed." said Dio. "You have a desire. You have a longing deep down. Take many of our military personnel with you to France if that is your choice. I give it all to you. You have my permission."

"Why?" Giorno enquired. All he wanted was that. Why? Why is his father acting in such a way? Why was his father acting in this way? Why was this being done to him by the only person he had? He made an effort to emulate his father. He despised him. For years, he detested him. He did not regard him as a child. He had a lonely, miserable, and alone childhood. He recently discovered how to love. As a result of Y/n, he discovered love. She taught him how to experience love. He lacked a lot of things. He required her. She also required him. "I make too many demands. Father, I don't need everything. I stick by my position and my friends. We're going to France."

"I'll accompany you." said his father. "There are still tasks I need to complete. I can't take King Cyrus making fun of us like this. Giorno, tell me, would you allow me to assist you?"

Giorno paused for a moment. He was perplexed. He had never in his life attempted to control his father. His father has never before agreed with him in his life. He was raised alone and self-sufficient. But he never forgot about it. Never having a mother, he. He had never known motherly love. When he was a child, Dio Brando was the only person who looked after him.

"You are still my son after all."

THATS RIGHT. HE IS HIS FATHER.
THE ONLY PERSON WHO RAISED HIM
EVEN IF HE HAD NO ONE.

TO BE CONTINUED
NEXT CHAPTER
THE TRAITOR FLEES