𝟏𝟒

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
MYSTERIOUS BEAUTY
GIORNO GIOVANNA
THIRD PERSON

BEAUTY IS MYSTERIOUS AS WELL AS TERRIBLE. God and devil are fighting there, and the battlefield is the heart of man. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

Five knights were seated at a table in the dining room of the royal castle, with the prince seated at the other end. The beautiful dining room was covered in faded gold.

The five knights there were debating the prince's deeds and how they may affect the future if the prince were to become king.

"Do you trust that girl, Giorno?" An individual knight spoke. His expression was emotionless, although it appeared angry. He had long, white hair, very pale skin, and purple lipstick. His name was Leone Abbacchio, known as the White Lion. "You can't trust a woman who was accused of theft. How do you know if she can be a traitor or not?"

"Easy question, I trust her."

"You like her, Giorno, we know that. We simply can't comprehend how you could recruit a woman and use her as a spy." One of the five knights muttered something else. Bruno Bucciarati was his name, and he had two golden pins in his hair (The other half of the prince who will help him obtain the world). "She certainly seems to be a trustworthy source, but you immediately began the plan. It wasn't intended to proceed like this."

"I know more than all of you together. I am an expert. I invest my time in being outstanding. Those who are chosen do not receive knowledge. I have to earn it." said the prince. His hair was gorgeous, long, and lusciously blonde. He was gorgeous, to the point some might think he isn't a man.

"Yes, by reading sex-related books." One of the additional knights snickered. Nobody knew if he was bald or not because he was wearing a hat. He goes by the name Guido Mista and is known as the Earnest Gunslinger. "I fail to see how reading it would impart information."

"My father claims that you must learn everything and excel at everything if you want to succeed in the world. I would need to learn how to satisfy a woman's need, of course." Giorno declared.

"Yet you reject every woman your father arranges for you to date?" As he drank a drink of his crimson wine, Abbacchio furrowed his brow. "They also come from wealthy, titled nobles. You rejected many princesses as well."

"I require a female leader of the world. One who can look after the kingdom as a mother would. And also have dreams and goals to make up my other half. Not one who gets dressed up and calls their father in tears." Said Giorno. His crew could tell he was being sincere by the seriousness of his demeanor. Giorno's position could never be contested. Never once had someone disagreed with Giorno other than those who were on his team.

"So you're simply using her?" Abbacchio asked a query. "You seem to be subjecting her to unbearable suffering. She's your maid, so why is she acting as your spy, and your spy alone?"

"A bargain was made," Giorno clarified. "Even after I took away her existence as a servant, she consented to assist me. She is not unreliable."

"You're telling me you believe this woman has the potential to become your future love interest, then?" One of the additional knights inquired. He went by the moniker Pannacotta Fugo. He served as the team's strategist and went by the nickname "brain." "You're just exposing her to a terrible environment created by people, I concur with the others, but I don't necessarily distrust her."

"There will be no innocent people. Despite our commitment to reality, evil nonetheless lurks in our hearts. It's the truth." Giorno replied, sighing as he did so. Outside his house, he was truly hailed as a hero, but inside...

"Yes, we do understand. You enjoy her! I'll simply tell her." The last guard identified himself as Narancia, the young man Y/n had met on the dying streets.

"No, not at all. I dare you. And as I keep telling you, I have absolutely no interest in her. Like you guys, I only have faith in her abilities." said Giorno. He was obviously under pressure and had asserted his lack of affection for her. He has never loved a woman before, so he has no idea what it's like to be in love, but he does greatly admire her.

Most of the time, Giorno could sneak a few glances and get away with it. He also made an effort to engage her in conversation whenever possible. He simply didn't comprehend. But he was aware that this was not the time. She would be seen as a concubine if he loved her.

Giorno had been scheduled to wed a princess. Not a lowly girl at all. Would he, however, submit to control? No. He certainly didn't want her to leave, so his surprise at her announcement that she wouldn't be staying surprised him.

AND NO, HE WASN'T GOING
TO ALLOW THAT.

TO BE CONTINUED
NEXT CHAPTER
BURNING DESIRE

a/n: I honestly can't stand making this ff a slow burn, but it is what it is, right? But still, I added a little extra chapter diving deeper into his actual feelings about Y/n.