𝟒

CHAPTER FOUR
LIFE OR DEATH
SECOND PERSON
Y/N L/N

AS THE DOOR SLOWLY OPENED, You blinked quickly. As you were awakened by the sounds, You yawned and stretched your body. The guard indicated your trial will take place soon...but it had already been hours since he said that. The man who opened the door did not appear to be the prince, but rather a different guard.

"Get out of bed; the prince has come to see you. You must yield to the chains once I open this door." The guard remarked. You stood up with a shrug. The guard was a little strange. His hair was strange. The bob cut is a fashionable hairstyle in the kingdom, but it didn't appeal to you.

All eyes were on you as they began to walk out of the cage. You gathered all of the noblemen, maids, servants, and guards in one place. You were unable to look them in the eyes. You didn't feel guilty even though you knew you didn't do anything wrong. It was simply unsettling.

"Hey...do you think I'm going to die?" You inquired the guard standing in front of you. He came to a halt, which caused you to come to a halt as well. You shook your head, perplexed. "I mean, I know what I did wrong, and I believe the prince's trial is a bit ridiculous."

"The prince has the last say. It's time to put the phone down." The guard spoke something sternly as he urged you to continue walking. You took a few steps back and took a glance around the castle. It was enormous. There were statues, flags, armor, and many other items that ornamented it like great art.

"Okay, but all I did was steal a necklace...at the very least, I returned it." You sighed, your eyes rolling. "I'm not sure why he feels compelled to take it so seriously."

"You must not speak behind the prince's back about him." As he spoke, the guard lifted his brow. You rolled your eyes once again and remained silent.

They arrived at this large golden entrance after walking around the big castle for a while. The door had opened as quiet fell upon them. revealing a lovely space with only the prince seated on his throne The door shut behind him, and the guard walked away.

The area was quite large. It was decorated with roman murals and ornamental pillars of gleaming golden flakes scattered all over. The look was golden, which went well with the prince's hair.

The pressure was unbearable, and the silence was so deafening that the prince could hear your every motion. As the prince watched you and your every move, the room fell silent. You moved gently, sweating less and avoiding eye contact. You walked barefoot on the carpet before kneeling in front of him. Was he going to scold you for sweeping the carpet?

"So, what's your name?" The prince inquired as he locked his gaze on you. "And, more importantly, why do you believe you were brought here?"

"My name is Y/n L/n...and I was brought here because I did something horrible that made you take this silly mess seriously," You said, gulping a lot of air and sweating profusely.

"You shouldn't be conversing with a royal in that manner. Woman, show some civility." He threw up. you glared at him. Isn't it time you showed him some decency? You're saying he should be decent to me!

"So, why are you speaking to me in this manner? Huh? Respect your fellow citizens!" You retaliated with a vicious stare. He dares to tell me how to fucking talk to him.

"Anyway, I brought you here because of what you stole," the prince groaned. He said this as he snatched the crimson jewel necklace from her neck and dangled it in front of your face. He smirked as you shifted your gaze from him to the swaying necklace. "Would you mind telling me why you took it?"

"Would you believe me if I told you?" You inquired as the prince tilted his head in response. You groaned and said, "I may be going insane, but something or someone urged me to take it. I know you're not going to believe me, but I believe that necklace is cursed."

The prince glanced at the jewelry before returning his gaze to the girl seated in front of him. "I have faith in you. It had a strange feeling when I grabbed it."

"Well...since you believe me, will you let me go or will you punish me?" You questioned. The prince gave you a short glance and pondered the situation.

"Can you tell me what you do for a living?" You were questioned by the prince. You had only recently arrived in the kingdom and are already facing charges. But in your old hometown, you used to work as a servant.

"I mean, I was a servant at a run-down tavern," You said. "I mean, I could work for you if you want or..."

"I'll give it some thought. But, while I agreed to let you go, if you steal, it will be the final straw. I don't give you the option of working in any other profession but that of a servant."

I'm not interested in working as a servant ever again... As you sat half-naked on the floor, You pondered to yourself. "Okay, that's okay. So long as you return my garments to me."

"Deal," the prince chuckled.

"Also, I don't want anything to do with you or your family," you added.

OH, BUT HOW I WOULD LOVE TO EAT THAT DELICIOUS BREAD AGAIN.

TO BE CONTINUED
NEXT CHAPTER
THE GOLDEN TAVERN