𝟑𝟏

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
ROAD TO FRANCE
SECOND PERSON
Y/N L/N

"I SEE YOU IN ANOTHER LIFE." As you ran, you grinned at Giorno and showed off your teeth. Thank goodness you wore more clothing underneath your dress. Even though it hurt to walk in it, there you were racing.

"Y/n, hold on." Giorno breathed. He followed you through the crowd. He never lost track of you. In his gorgeous gaze, he never would lose sight of you. You lit up the room when you walked in. You showed him, who it was to be such a woman. You continued to run faster while ignoring him, but Giorno grabbed your arm. "Y/n, promise me that you will return alive."

"Giorno, I have to leave this place. People are currently being crushed. I have to go. I'll be back soon. Don't cause a fight over me, please." As you grasped his hands, you grinned. Your ears heard screams. The time was running out. He's holding out. Your ride is prepared. "I'm not coming back, so don't say goodbye to me."

Just a simple head shake would do. "No, I'll start a war on your behalf. Just get back to me if something horrible happens."

He just merely shook his head. "No, I will cause a war for you. If anything bad happens...just come back to me."

"Giorno, you will select your bride tonight. My life will change going forward. The jewelry is mine. I was picked to do it. It will reawaken my will to take a stronger, better stance that will carry me into the dawn of tomorrow." As you let go of him, you said. "Decide carefully, Giorno. Please accept my respects. Choose a great woman who will be with you forever."

"However, I won't. No other woman is what I want. I need you. I pick you." He remained still. It pained you to leave him in this situation. However, you committed yourself to return. You wished to spend your entire life with him, but certain events are unavoidable. He will select a wife tonight, and you weren't the one he was going to pick. "I will wait for you for how many times. When the time is right, you will be my bride."

You choked as your heart felt like it shattered into a million pieces. "Lady Isolde is a great dancer...Lady Charlotte is a great singer...And don't get me wrong on every other noble here." You spoke. But despite all the women you talked about, he only had eyes for one. "I cannot be any of those talented women, Giorno—"

"You. I choose you."

"Giorno...you wound me." You smiled through it all. You left him so lovelorn like that. But most were dead. Many were already. You saw Giorno's friends trying to protect their people. They knew what Giorno wanted for you. They knew you had to go back.

"No." He said. "You wound me. You hurt me. Whenever I am with you, it might be the death of me. You kill me. You are killing me with your love that I wish to hold onto forever. I- Just don't know what I'd do anymore—Y/n, help me."

"You are hurting me with your words, Giorno."

"And you don't think that you're doing the same? I live for you, Y/n. And I would die for you.
Please just tell me, that you will come back. If you don't, then I would come there myself. I will kill all of them for you. I would sacrifice the world for you."

You gave him a blank look before turning around. "Giorno, I must." Giorno gave up trying to convince you to stay, and you fled. Later, as you fled into the shadows, you hid behind the castle while removing and burning your dress. As it burnt in front of you, you sighed. Your transportation was someplace, but you weren't sure where it would be. Even though it was pitch-black outside, you kept running. Giorno's words would have made you feel better, but your life would now be very different.

You stopped, panting. You stopped being concerned. You lived this life. The only person who could influence and affect your life was you. You had strength. You decided to live this life. You initially fell in love with it. You weren't some weird girl who was prepared to be locked up to be made perfect for one person who wouldn't love you equally.

"Y/n! Hurry up!" Salvatore shouted as he found you. "Hurry up! Time is ticking!" He ran up to you and grab your hand.

"Where's our destination?" You questioned. "How long will it be to there?"

"My home. The castle." Salvatore said. "Hurry up you punk driver! What are you doing jackass?! Make this carriage move!" He shouted. "Probably a day or two."

You heard the horse cry in agony as it was hit. The carriage was going to move and you were leaving. You turned around and looked outside. The castle...Was it safe to call it your home? You wanted to cry but you couldn't.

"Y/n. Your life is now different. You aren't one of them. You're French." Salvatore said as you just nodded. "We'll be there in approximately two days but one day if this stupid driver can hurry up."

"What am I going to do there...?" You questioned. "Yes, my life will be different but..."

"You will be married to me," Salvatore said. "Not to that jackass Giorno Giovanna...I will be King once you marry me. I will get my kingdom. I will reign as the most powerful known to man."

You sighed as you sat in silence. You already hated this. He was talking so much that it was ringing in your ears. You laid your head on the seat as you stared outside. The darkness filled every corner of life. The castle was not in sight anymore. You were hours away from Giorno...When will this end?

"You don't have to be so sad, mon amour. I'll give you a better life back in France. A new life you would cherish like the morning dew."

"Don't call me that." You sharply said. "I am going to sleep now. Don't wake me up." You sighed as you closed your eyes. Thinking of Giorno...deep asleep. You hoped that they were safe...How will Italy recover from France denting its reputation?

It's okay...You thought to yourself. Giorno will save everyone...

_______________

CHANGE OF POV
THIRD PERSON
GIORNO GIOVANNA

CRIES AND SCREAMS ECHOED THROUGH GIORNO'S EARS. They called the medical team over but thousands were hurt. Giorno didn't know what to do. He just stood there, still pondering at the thought that she was gone—she was forever gone.

"Prince Giorno come over here!" One shouted.

"We need healing over here!" Another.

Dio was furious. He was angry. He was betrayed by his friend. His companion. Throughout the histories of France and Italy, they fought in the war together, never letting one go. But the King of France has betrayed Italy. And Dio Brando was enraged.

His hands were still so warm. Giorno looked at them, as he realized the last person he has ever touched was Y/n...and she will forever be his last. Giorno ignored everyone. It didn't matter to him if they were dying. Losing Y/n was more important. No matter how bad it sounded, he could kill thousands for one. He would sacrifice the world for her.

"Giorno! There are still people up ahead!" Mista shouted. "C'mon, dude! What's wrong with you?!" Mista continued as he shook Giorno.

Giorno desired Salvatore's death. When he first saw him, he wanted to end his life. Giorno wouldn't be hurt by the screams or the red liquid that would spill onto the ground. He was the one who understood best that he would think of a plan after today. To save her and wage war on France, he needed every bit of assistance. All he needed was his Father's direction.

"Mista, I can hear you well," Giorno spoke. Giorno didn't know what to do from now on. What Italy would do to France or what France would do to Italy. It was life-changing. Italy had many French citizens come and go into the kingdom. Y/n was going to get married to someone else that wasn't him. And Giorno was expected to choose a wife by tonight—it's past midnight. Giorno sighed and looked at the chaos up ahead of him.

He didn't know what to do. He was shaking. He had lost you, hasn't he?

ALL HE WANTED TO DO WAS
HOLD YOU IN HIS ARMS.

TO BE CONTINUED
NEXT CHAPTER
FLOWERS IN DECEMBER