𝟓

CHAPTER FIVE
THE GOLDEN TAVERN
SECOND PERSON
Y/N L/N

YOU LOOKED AT MADAM IN THE EYES. Madam, the owner of the golden tavern, was angry at you after Madam had turned down your offer to work as a servant there. Her wrinkles were visible and her face was twisted up.

"You're not allowed to work here, lady!" Madam yelled, and you stood there, perplexed and motionless as a statue. "I keep telling you that you're not authorized to work here," She said, "but you're just another obstinate adolescent!"

"Okay, but I'd do anything to get a job here! I don't give a damn about what job you give me!" You begged to be heard. This had already persuaded Madam to the point of belief. Madam smirked with a wicked grin on her face. "I can read, clean, and do whatever else that most ordinary small girls cannot accomplish! I'm willing to work past your deadline! I am also willing to accept the wage that will be paid to me."

Madam sighed as she looked at the thin petite girl in front of her. She was irritated by this. Like a volcano preparing to erupt with hot, flowing lava and you angered her.

"If you repair your accent, buy new clothes, and get yourself a face mask to disguise that terrible face of yours, I'll allow you to work in this position." Madam laughed as she approached the door. "Also, I placed an order for a parcel to be delivered to the designer's home, so go manufacture your clothes. I also don't want to hear you make a little noise with your irritating mouth."

"Yes, Madam..." As Madam shut the door, you mumbled. You stood there, jaw gaping, steaming with rage. Get a face mask, fix my accent, and manufacture my clothes? What's the matter with this old lady? I can't just change my accent and go to a 'designer's home' to buy fabrics and sewing kits to make myself new outfits that I can't afford?!

Stomping out of the tavern, you sighed. Isn't it true that you couldn't change her location? But you'd have to walk kilometers if you did because the golden tavern was the nearest one to where you'd arrived.

You needed to set out to locate this designer's residence to obtain your handcrafted apparel and create a mask. But you were aware that your accent was distinct from that of the kingdom's residents. Madam told you not to speak to her again since you didn't know how to fix it.

Oh, and why did you listen to the prince in the first place? As if he'd come looking for you to check if you worked as a servant girl...and he did mention that not stealing was your last straw. Is he going to be watching your every step in every nook and cranny? Hell, no did he have any intention of doing so.

As you walked about town, you sought to locate the house without asking anyone or appearing strange. You did appear strange pacing around like that. What am I going to do, God? As you continued to walk, you reflected on her thoughts.

You eventually came to a halt. A little building stood in front of you, which you imagined was the designer's residence. You sighed and entered the room right away. You heard a ring as soon as you went in.

The room was filled with mannequins and reeked of fried cinnamon. It was, after all, a clothing store. You remembered Madam saying you needed to pick up a package on your way out, so you approached the cashier. "Uh...I'd like to pick up a parcel," You said.

"Name?" the worker said, raising an eyebrow and sighing.

"Oh...I'm going to the tavern to get a box for Madam." You said. You hoped the worker wasn't being bothersome because you appeared anxious and fatigued.

The worker came out with a box, which you assumed was Madam's or yours because you were the only one present. You quickly grabbed the box, thanked the employee, and turned around. But, before you could walk away, the worker asked, "You work for Madam? That old hag?" What a tense situation.

"Yeah...she's not the best," You giggled. "She isn't."

"I apologize if I appeared irritated. This shop is open till midnight."

"Haha. When I asked for the package, I assumed you were annoyed. In any case, thank you." You said something and then walked away.

You didn't feel like going back until night. But what would Madame do to you when you returned? Madam owned the tavern full of unpleasant old men, even you couldn't believe it. The tavern was a dingy wooden structure with gold paint on it. The sign in front of the pub read, 'The Golden Tavern.' It wasn't so golden.

You continued walking till you arrived at the tavern. You sighed and braced yourself for a barrage of abuse. Madam's spit in your face was the last thing you wanted. Then you open the door cautiously...

You were already been hailed by a large number of people. Men are particularly repulsive. When you walked in, the place became eerily quiet. You let out a sigh of relief and proceeded to hunt for Madam...

"Madam...," You whispered as she finally found her. "I received the package." As you gave her the package, Madam gave you a disdainful look.

"I already have a place for you," Madam sighed. "However, you must clean it yourself and it's the attic." Madam chuckled to herself as you struggled to maintain your composure. "I haven't found you a specific job, but your shift of cleaning every crevice of the tavern begins tomorrow. Also, your room should be spotless by tomorrow."

YOU SIGHED AND WALKED
UP THE STAIRS.

TO BE CONTINUED
NEXT CHAPTER
MOONLIT APPEARANCE

a/n: anyways...do y'all want short chapters or long chapters? also, y/n and Giorno will have an encounter with each other next chapter or next chapter and this will grow their attraction and relationship.