𝟒𝟓

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
THE BURNING HEART
THIRD PERSON
GIORNO GIOVANNA

"THEY'RE BACK! THEY'RE BACK! The Kings of Italy are back!" Around them, several of the voices reverberated. They had just returned to Italy from the dreadful mission that had taken place.

A young woman was asleep on his back as Giorno and his father rode down the kingdom. Giorno, though, was upset. How long ago was that? Giorno had to get to the castle quickly. Why? It was a result of Y/n becoming ill. She was in danger of passing away.

Giorno, though, was very irritated. He detested loud noises, and when they arrived, the crowd shouted and cheered. Of course, he was grateful for it, but he was unable to. Next to him, his sweetheart was suffocating gradually.

Giorno made an effort to act casual by waving to his followers, but he needed to get to the castle very away. Too many individuals were gathered near them.

Giorno turned to look, and there they were-his team! As they attempted to navigate the mob, he hurriedly summoned them over while attempting to avoid creating a commotion.

"Hurry...she needs healing," Giorno spoke out as he grabbed Y/n's sleeping body and put it in Bucciarati's arm.

"What happened? Is she deadly sick?"

"Her heart is burning," Giorno said. "She's sick and all the damage that was dealt to her was still occurring."

"Got it, Giorno," Bucciarati said, but before they could move Giorno placed his hand on his friend's shoulder.

"Please, hurry."

Everyone was confused as to why Giorno had a woman right next to him. No one knew who she was. But it was Y/n. It was the servant girl that they guys had dismissed as a thief. Surely only the nobles in the castle will recognize her.

Giorno looked at his father. His eyes were concerned for his lover. He was scared and anxious about what was going to happen to her.

"She will be alright, son. The Gods favor her." Dio said as Giorno shook his head. He put his hand on his head.

"You think so?"

And Dio swiftly nodded.

TIME SKIP - IN THE CASTLE

Giorno ran into Y/n's room as he heard the news. A little after they had taken her to the healers, Giorno waited until they had reported back to him.

He trembled quietly.

When he was stressed, Giorno would always quiver. No one comforted him when he was growing up. He never mastered the art of requesting assistance when required. Giorno always endured pain in the dark, pleading for at least a companion.

While he waited for the door to open, he paced the hallways. Giorno wanted her. She was everything he needed. Each pint of her affection.

Oh, the prayer he made. He had to make sure she was okay. He needed her back in his arms, healthy and secure.

"Prince Giorno?" A quiet feminine voice called out. Giorno turned his gaze at the nurse as she slowly opened the door.

"Is she alright?" Giorno questioned. She looked away as she told him to follow inside the room.

As Giorno walked into the room, he quickly ran to Y/n. In front of him was the beautiful face he loved. His lover was laying in bed sick but to Giorno, she still looked so beautiful.