Chapter 18

A/N: Hi ok sorry for the late upload, I had zero motivation and I was stuck up on exams and the Christmas Program and Rehearsals happening at my school. Please enjoy this chapter.

{NARRATOR'S POV}

It was the week after the fight and the two were still working their hidden relationship and the fact Dazai had rejoined the Port Mafia.

Dazai kept having secret meetings with Yosano, which had led to Chuuya suspecting something from Dazai.

*****

It was the night after Dazai meeting up with Yosano for hours again and Chuuya was thinking on how to ask the brunette.

"Oi, Dazai," called Chuuya.

"Yes, Chu?" Dazai asked.

"Why do you keep going out to meet with Yosano-san?" Chuuya questioned, tilting his head to the left just enough for his ginger locks to lay gently on his shoulder.

"Well, isn't that what people do with their siblings?" Dazai chimed.

"Wait, she's your what?"
"She's my sister! Isn't it kind of obvious?"
"So, she was a member of the Port Mafia too?"
"Yep!"
"That explains a lot..."
"I'm sleepy."
"Then sleep."
"Okay."
"Oi, don't pull me down!"
"I want cuddles."
"Fine."
"Love you, Chibi!"
"I love you too, you suicidal maniac."

*****
The next day—late afternoon to be specific—, Chuuya had his head rest on Dazai's chest, listening to the brunette's calm heartbeat as the two decided to spend their Christmas together.

"Chuuya?" The brunette called.

"Yeah?" Replied the ginger, his half-lidded eyes closing fully as he buried his face into the other's chest.

"How do I reveal that I've joined the Mafia again?" The anthracite-eyed male questioned, caressing the cerulean-eyed male's hair gently.

"Just.. I don't know, maybe go on a joint mission with them for whatever reason and betray them?" The short one mumbled.

"Well, I could do that," sighed Dazai. "But what about Atsushi?"

"What do you mean by that?" Chuuya inquired.

"You know.. He sees me as a hero, so when he finds out, he'll be hurt." The brunette lay his hand on the ginger head.
"I don't want to hurt anyone like that anymore."

Chuuya sighed as he lifted his head to rest his chin onto Dazai's chest.

"You could try telling him in private?" Chuuya suggested. "He's dating Akutagawa anyway so I doubt it'd make the jinko feel bad."

"I guess." Muttered Dazai.

"Don't worry about that for now," Chuuya reassured, burying his face into Dazai's chest again.
"Focus on the fact it's Christmas."

The brunette chuckled fondly as his eyelids fluttered shut.

"We may have not bought each other gifts, but at least the biggest present we've gotten this year is that we're together."
"Yeah."
"I'd die for you, really, Chibikko."
"Well, you wanna die anyway so where's your point?"
"... I'd live for you."

I'd live for you.

Chuuya's eyes widened as he lifted his head to face the brunette's expression just to see Dazai struggling to stay awake.

Dazai yawned, unable to open his eyes.

"If you're that sleepy then go to sleep, you bastard." Chuuya put forth.

"Okay, okay." Dazai spoke in a breathy manner, a slight grin creeping up to his lips as he held Chuuya tighter.

By the time Dazai was fully asleep, Chuuya had lifted himself enough to give Dazai a peck on the lips gently enough for Dazai to not stir.

"I'd live for you too, you know." Chuuya muttered softly, falling asleep soon after he spoke.

"I know you would," whispered Dazai as his eyes remained closed.
"Verlaine and Moriko would be so proud of your progress in life."