Chapter 16

Dazai was greeted with an ache in his lower back, confused to what happened the night before.

He looked at Chuuya, whose body was covered in maybe three or four dark marks.

He groaned as he sat up. He tried to stand, but it rendered useless as his legs wouldn't allow him to.

He flopped back on the bed and turned to Chuuya who was sleeping peacefully while facing him.

He decided to snuggle closer and nuzzle his face into his hair.

"Get off, 'Zai." Chuuya muttered, too sleepy to push him away.

"No." Dazai groaned, pulling Chuuya closer to himself.

It was a rather cold morning and the window had been left slightly ajar without any of them knowing.

"How are you feeling?" Chuuya asked, recalling the sinful memories of last night.

"My body hurts." Dazai murmured.

"Guess I went to hard on ya." The smaller chuckled fondly, snuggling closer to the bandaged yet warm figure.

"Yeah." The taller sighed softly, hugging the shorter tighter.

"I love you."

The shorter hummed in response as if saying it back, but as he opened his mouth to say something, he immediately had a feeling that it wouldn't be important to Dazai.

"I love you, too." He spoke on replacement to what he was supposed to say.

*****

The two were on their way to work, parting ways as soon as they left the building.

Dazai's trench coat was with Chuuya as he didn't want the shorter to freeze to death.

The only source of warmth he had was a spare jacket he found that Chuuya, again, "forgot" to return to Dazai.

Once the tall brunette had arrived, he sighed and hesitated before opening the door.

He turned the knob and opened the door, his usually cheery mask being put on.

"Good morning!" He beamed.

"Dazai, you don't have any work to do today. Not even for this following week." Kunikida spoke, his eyes not leaving his laptop's screen.

"Eh? Why?" Dazai eyed the blonde curiously.

"You have a mission with the Port Mafia's executive. The one who manipulates gravity."

Dazai's eyes lit up the moment he heard gravity.

"I'll be on a mission with Chuuya again?"
"What type of mission?"
"Will this be a dangerous one where he uses Corruption?"

Several thoughts wandered throughout his mind.

"What type of mission?" The brunette asked.

"A mission where you have to go against an organization that used to be of minors only and infiltrate their base." The blonde answered.

Dazai knew there could only be one organization that was held with only minors.

The Sheep.

"The Sheep?" The bandaged male inquired.

"Yes. The Sheep." The man with glasses agreed, closing his laptop.

"You have to meet with the gravity manipulator in an hour and forty-five minutes."
"Alright!~" Dazai beamed. "I can't wait to see my darling, Chuuya again after such a long time!"

"Yeah, yeah. Now go."  The blonde spoke.

"Wait, for how long must the mission last?"
"About five days. "
"Okay!"

*****

The two were out on a stroll through the winter paths in Yamashita Park despite the cold air surrounding them.

Chuuya, being fairly annoyed, hadn't worn his hat out this time as Dazai pestered him about how ugly he looked with it on.

Chuuya knee Dazai only liked his fluffy hair so therefore he didn't wear the hat.

The two found a bench they could sit on and had sat on it.

"Quite a nice time out, isn't it?" Dazai admired, watching the snowfall.

"Yeah, it is," Chuuya agreed.

"Anyways, we have a mission together." The brunette chipped in, holding Chuuya's waist to pull him closer in instinct as he was shivering.

"Do we have to infiltrate another enemy base?" The ginger groaned.

"Yes, actually."
"Which enemy is it this time?"
"Promise you won't be surprised?"
"Just tell me."
"... The Sheep."

*****

{CHUUYA'S POV}

I felt my body heat up more with anger. I didn't know why.

I sighed and just held it all in.

"Well, I have been wanting on revenge against those assholes that betrayed my trust towards them..."

"So, you'll do it?"
"'Course I would."
"I don't even know what to say at this point."
"Cool."
"I want a kiss."
"Okay then."
"Love you!"
"Love ya too, you walking mummy."