Chapter 21

{NARRATOR'S POV}

The minute Chuuya had arrived from following Dazai, the brunet had appeared looking happy as ever.

"Where did you go?" Asked Kenji, glancing at the tall bandaged man while holding a rice ball in his hand.

"Somewhere," said Dazai as he sat down with a content smile.

"Oi, Mackerel, the hell were you doing?" Chuuya questioned, putting his cup of wine near his lips.

"Oh, nothing that my little chibikko needs to worry about!" The brunet sang as he took sushi into his chopsticks.

"I swear I'll kill you if you call me that again."
"You know you love me, so you can'tttt!"
"Do I?"
"Chuuuuuyaaaaaa!"
"Fine, fine. Maybe I do love you."
"I know."

*****

The night grew louder and darker as they all drank wine, and gave cheers to whatever they were celebrating. (Except for the minors, though. They all got apple juice.)

Dazai checked the time on his phone and saw it was nearly about to be twelve.

"Hey, to commemorate this party, I have something I want to say." He suddenly spoke up, walking over to the ginger's side with his left hand in his coat pocket, grabbing something.

"Eh? What shit are you up to now?" The ginger asked, his expression looking a tiny bit irritated.

Dazai knelt down beside the one who had a hat on their head and pulled out a black box.

Everyone gasped, realizing what was going to happen, but not Chuuya. He was too drunk.

The brunet opened the black box, revealing a gold plated ring inside with a ruby gem.

"Chuuya, will you..." The brunet trailed off, sighing nervously at the end.
"

Will you marry me?"

Chuuya's eyes widened, gasping as he heard the words ''marry me''.

"You know the answer, dumbass." The ginger retorted in an attempt to hide his joy.

Dazai frowned.

"Oh, don't be a baby. Of course the answer is yes!" Chuuya leapt, trapping the younger into a warm embrace.

This surprised Dazai, but nonetheless, he hugged back.

Everyone was enjoying this heartfelt moment in silence until it was broken.

The party continued for an hour or so, and ended when everyone went back home.

*****

Chuuya, being passed out due to drunkenness, was in Dazai's arms, being carried bridal style into his—or their—room.

The younger put the older into bed and tucked him in before going to shower and change into clean bandages and clothes.

After he finished, he went out of the bathroom in blue pyjamas with a towel over his head as he continued to dry it.

Once his hair was dry enough for him, he put the towel away and went to bed to snuggle in with the older.

"Goodnight, chibikko." He muttered under his breath.

He drifted off to sleep then, and snuggled the older closer while smiling in his slumber.

We'll Still Be TogetherOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara