Chapter 10

{DAZAI'S POV}

The sun's blinding light came and seeped through the bedroom window, the brightness hitting my eyes.

I turned my head away from it, not to only avoid the rays from blinding me, but also because I wanted to see my beloved Slug.

"Chibii~~~~ Wake uppp!" I whined.

He turned to face me and yawned as he slowly opened his sapphire eyes.

He stared at me for what felt like five minutes until he finally opened his mouth to say something.

"What do you want.?" He asked.

"Nothing~ I just wanted my favourite slug to wake up." I spoke.

"I'm heading back to sleep again."
"Chuuyaaaa!!"
"No."
"So mean."

*****

{NARRATOR'S POV}

Everything went well for the next few months, except the Port Mafia had to attack the ADA, there were times when they were almost caught together, but nonetheless, they were still together.

*****

As Chuuya was on the couch cuddling with Dazai while watching TV in the midst of spring, he had gotten a call from Mori.

"I'll be back, dimwit." He spoke, standing up and releasing himself from Dazai's grasp.

Dazai groaned at the loss of Chuuya's small body and warmth but knew it had to be important.

Chuuya got his phone and picked up the call.

He walked off to his room and closed the door.

Yelling could be heard from Chuuya's room, so, Dazai instinctively went to Chuuya's room and put his ear to the door to hear what was happening.

"There's no way in hell am I going to force Dazai to come back to the Mafia! I hate that bastard, why would I even talk to him?!" Chuuya barked.

Dazai could barely make out what the other person on the other side of the line said but somehow managed to.

"Chuuya, we need him. If you don't get him back by next week, you'll no longer be of use. And besides, didn't Dazai make a promise to you that he'd come back? I'm sure he's with you now. You better get him back or I'll..." The person said, the last part being cut off by Chuuya.

"Or you'll what? Kill me? Please, you can't even put a finger on me. Did you forget? I'm stronger than you will ever be." Chuuya mocked.

"I get you're my boss and all that, but there is in no way I'm forcing him back."
"Then I guess we'll have to penalize him."
"What do you mean?"
"Just get your precious Dazai back to the Port Mafia by next week so you won't have to find out."
"If it's something related to harming or killing him, then I'll be the one to do it myself."
"I'll give you a week before I hurt him myself. Of course, you can't do that, can you? You can't hurt him."
"... Fine. I understand. I'll have him back by next week."

And with that, the call ended.

Dazai quickly rushed back to the sofa as he heard Chuuya's frustrated groans.

Chuuya made his way to the sofa to be with Dazai and talk with him about it and Dazai looked at him like he already knew what was going on.

"I'll do it." Dazai said before Chuuya could let out a single word.

"I- Really?" Chuuya inquired.

"Of course." Dazai answered. "Besides, being in the Agency with this guy Kunikida is so annoying. Always bugging me about paperwork and being on time and blah blah blah."

"Sounds like life in the Agency isn't as fun as people told me it was, huh?" The older male chuckled, staring fondly at the younger's masculine facial features.

"You know I'd do anything for you, Chuuya." The brunette consoled, cupping the ginger's cheeks.

The two stared fondly at each other for a few minutes before their lips were connected.

They let go after another few minutes and smiled at each other.

Dazai lied down on the sofa and invited Chuuya to cuddle him.

The older male rolled his eyes and smiled before lying down beside the taller one.

"I love you, chibi~" Dazai teased, staring intently into Chuuya's aquamarine irises.

"Love you too, dumbass." Chuuya spoke as he buried his face into Dazai's chest.

The bandaged male wrapped his arms around Chuuya's waist and had fallen asleep a few moments later along with Chuuya.

"We'll still be together, even in death. We'll never be far apart. Never ever." Dazai muttered as he slept.

Little did he know that what he said would come to life soon enough.