Chapter 17

Author's Note: I know I'm a few hours early, but I was just really eager to post this chapter. I think I did a really good job at putting a lot of the cutesy moments that I used to put in with the first story. Just know that the next update won't be moved foward because this one is a few hours early, no matter how much you guys beg ;) As always, let me know what you think, because I love hearing from you guys. Well, enjoy! --Ekat =)

---

Alex’s P.O.V.

            This entire week sucked. It went so slow, that I thought the weekend was never going to get here. So when it did, I was ecstatic to say the least. I was looking forward to a nice, quiet weekend at home with Niall, seeing as how Zack was going to be staying with Harry. Niall was a little hesitant at first because he hasn’t really been able to see Zack all week except for before he leaves for work, and about two hours after he comes home, but he decided that we needed a break too. I know that still seems like a lot of time, but seeing as how Niall’s not good with separation, Niall wants to spend all of his free time with Zackary and I. But even so, I already kind of promised Harry that he could take care of Zackary and taking that offer back would just kill my brother. As much fun as it was to tease Harry, I couldn’t do that to him. Niall and I were just relaxing, sleeping in on our first Saturday after him going back to work. Well, we were until we heard pounding on our door at seven in the morning. Let’s just say Niall and I were a little bit cranky.

            “What the hell do you want?” I grumbled as I opened the front door, not even opening my eyes to see who was standing in front of me.

            “Someone’s not a morning person,” a voice teased with a chuckle. I opened my eyes to see my brother leaning on the door frame with a smirk on his face. Ugh, too early for all of his happiness.

            “What are you doing here so early?” I ask, walking away from the door, not even bothering to invite him in because I know he was going to follow anyway.

            “I’ve come to retrieve my nephew for the weekend,” Harry said, really excited. You don’t understand; he’s literally bouncing around my house with glee. Like I said before….too early to be this happy. When Harry noticed it was still quiet, he furrowed his eyebrows, and looked at me like I was crazy. “You don’t him ready for me, do you?”

            “Haz… its 7:00 in the morning!” I exclaim, making sure to emphasize how early it is. “Like every other sane person in this world, he’s sleeping. So was I until you bloody knocked on our door.”

            “Where’s the fire?” Niall asked, eyes closed, running down the stairs in just his boxers. Well, it’s never too early for that. “Oh, it’s just you Harry.”

            “I feel the love Niall,” Harry replies sarcastically. “Now one of you go wake up my nephew so I can take him with me.”

            “You want him up, you go wake him up,” I shot back, a little moody from being woken up from my enchanted slumber. As if on cue, we heard the soft cries of Zackary, indicating that he was up. That’s the wonderful thing about Zack; he rarely cries. But when he does, it’s very quiet. It’s probably because he always has someone around for attention, so there’s no need. 

            “Fine,” Harry huffed in a childish tone, marching up the stairs.

            “I packed him a bag with everything he’ll need next to his changing table,” I called up the stairs. I heard him mumble something, but I couldn’t tell what it was. All I know is that he understood what I said, and that was good enough for me. And to think, I used to be a morning person. I still am I guess; just not when I have to be. There’s a big difference between waking up because you have to, and waking up naturally. It definitely affects my mood for the first couple of hours that I’m up.