Chapter 5

Author's Note: Well, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. Sorry for the last two chapters of drama... but every story needs drama unfortunately. Things start to turn back around in this chapter. As always, let me know what you think of it... I love hearing from you guys. Well, I'll let you get to your reading. --Ekat =D

---

Niall’s P.O.V.

            Well that interview sucked. First there was the awkwardness of having to explain why Harry and Louis weren’t with us, which led to us being asked about the Twitcam Louis did last night. I let out a dramatic sigh when the interviewer asked, hoping she would take the hint, and move on. No such luck. I hesitated for a moment, but confirmed that Zackary was indeed the child in the picture, and that he did belong to Alex and I. I mean, come on, who else’s child could it have been. Lexi has already lost most of the “baby weight”, plus the paparazzi already knows she gave birth. Alex and I were just hoping that we could keep Zack private for a little while longer.

            Now I’m on my way home. Wow, that feels really good to say. Sorry, getting distracted. Anyway, Zayn and Liam are heading back to their flats to change, and then we’re having lunch here with Dani and Perrie. The girls were already at our house because they didn’t feel like going to the interview. Before I left this morning, Alex said she was going to tell them about what happened. When I walked through the front door, I saw Lexi with a fake smile plastered onto her face, and the girls sitting with sympathetic looks on theirs.

            “You saw the interview, didn’t you?” I questioned, already knowing the answer. She just nodded because she would probably cry if she tried to speak. I walked over to her, and hugged her against my chest. I hated seeing Lexi like this. When I finally calmed her down, she went back into the kitchen to finish cooking lunch. I don’t know what she was making, but it smelled really good. Since we still had to wait on Liam and Zayn, I decided to check on Zack. I couldn’t help but smile when I saw Perrie and Dani playing with him. He’s such a happy baby. When he’s older, I want to be able to look back on these times; so, I took out my phone, and started recording him for a few minutes.

            “You really have a wonderful child here Niall. Even though he’s only three weeks old, he’s just like you and Lex,” Dani commented, shooting me an admiring look. I blushed, and I don’t even know why. But one thing’s for sure; she’s absolutely right.

            “Yeah, but let’s keep it at one Horan kid, okay Niall,” Perrie winked at me, causing me to blush an even deeper shade of red. Why does everyone keep saying this to me? They act like we’re rabbits going at it every two minutes.

            “Geez, you get someone pregnant one time, and nobody lets me live it down,” I replied sarcastically, earning chuckles from the girls.

            “You’re damn right,” a voice whispered in my ear. I know that voice anywhere. It belongs to the girl of my dreams; the girl that I want to spend the rest of my life with. I threw my head back, and saw Alex leaning on the back of the couch. I pushed my lips forward, indicating I wanted her lips. She rolled her eyes, and leaned down, giving me a kiss. She was caught off guard when I slipped my tongue into her mouth, but she didn’t pull back either. When we finally pulled away, we both had content looks on her faces.