Chapter 14

Author's Note: Well, from all of the votes from the last three days, I take it you guys are looking foward to this next chapter ;) I know you're all dying to know who the mystery visitor is, so I'll stop talking, and let you guys find out. As always, tell me what you think. Your comments really light up my day (hah, you probably thought I was going to say "my world like nobody else" didn't you ;)?). Either way, enjoy! --Ekat =)

---

Alex’s P.O.V.

            “What are you doing here?” I ask Ed, who’s standing in the doorway, a little confused by what happened.

            “Well, I know that Harry and the lads head back to the studio today, and so I figured I would drop by his flat to see if he wanted to hang out,” Ed explained. “But when I saw that he wasn’t there, I figured he must be over here or at one of the lad’s flats. So… here I am. Now that I caught you up, how about you catch me up?”

            “Well, we were all making a nice breakfast before Harry had to ruin it by being an overprotective brother,” I said, shooting a glare at Harry, who looked down to the floor.

            “Why, did the Irishman break your little heart?” Ed asked, getting a little upset, with huge amounts of rage towards Niall, who looked like he was about to have an accident. Aww, poor Nialler.

            “No, nothing like that,” I quickly explained to Ed before he put his fist into my lovely boyfriends face, and rearranged it. That would be awful seeing as how I love the way his face looks as is. I kind of forgot about how protective Ed is of me. Seeing as how we don’t get to see as much of each other as we used to before he left to tour the U.K. and the U.S., we haven’t caught up in a bit. Last time we talked was when I was helping Simon out with the boy’s new album. Ed is a great listener, but I always have to watch what I say around him. If he can sense that you’re upset, he won’t rest until he finds out what’s wrong, and how he can fix the problem. That’s something that I love and hate about him. Not that I could ever hate anything about Ed, but sometimes it gets annoying when you want to just speak your mind without having to think about your words first. I love that about him though because he’ll never think anything bad about you, but that doesn’t mean he won’t kick anyone’s ass for upsetting you. He cares deeply for anyone and everyone he’s close to, and would do anything for them. In a big way, he’s like Niall. “Harry just thought of the rudest way to tell Niall and I that he doesn’t want us having too much fun because he doesn’t want me to get pregnant again.”

            “Again?” Ed shouts, looking at me with wide eyes, and his eyebrows raised. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell him I was pregnant. “What do you mean again? You weren’t pregnant. You’re still the sweet, innocent girl that will remain pure ‘til the end of time.”

            I rolled my eyes at him. Sometimes he can be so dramatic. This is how he gets along with Harry so well. They are both so protective of me, that they refuse to see me in any other way.

            “Hate to burst your bubble Ed, but I already have a kid,” I said matter-of-factly. He looked at me, stunned by my words. Then he looked like he was thinking hard before bursting out into hysterical laughter. “What’s so funny?”

            “Nothing, just the thought of someone calling you Mommy makes me laugh,” Ed said, leaning forward, hoping to control his laughter. Git. It took him a minute to calm himself down. “So where is the baby?”

            “He’s in the living room, sitting in his playpen,” Niall responded, wrapping an arm around my shoulder as we sat down for breakfast, setting an extra plate for Ed.