Chapter 11

Author's Note: Well, the end of the bet is right here in this chapter ;) I don't know if it's what you're expecting or not expecting, but it's what I've had in mind the whole time. So, I'll let you enjoy the newest addition to "Let There Be Love". As always, let me know what you think; you know how I love hearing from you guys. --Ekat =D

---

Alex’s P.O.V.

            Sucker. I finally convinced him to go to the beach. Little does he know, that’s where he’s going to meet his demise. I love you Nialler, but I can’t take this bet any longer. Its official, I have officially gained the female equivalency of blue balls. Oh, and let me tell you; it sucks big time. All I know, is that if he doesn’t cave by the end of today, I’m going to have to give up. So I guess that means I have to pour everything I have into today. Seeing as how we’re going to the beach, I shouldn’t have a problem with that. Luckily for me, I managed to pack the perfect bikini for such an occasion.

Niall’s P.O.V.

            I was extremely excited to head down to the beach today. Even though I don’t really tan… okay, I don’t tan at all, I still enjoy going out, and enjoying the water. Plus, going to the beach reminds me of the first time Lexi and I said ‘I love you’ to each other. Everything about that day was perfect. Speaking of Lexi, she’s been in a really good mood this morning. Don’t get me wrong, she’s always in a good mood, but there’s something else to it. When the three of us were in the elevator, the only thing I can think of is that she’s just happy to head to the beach with Zack and I. It has been a long time since we’ve gone to the beach. But something deep down inside of me tells me that that isn’t the answer.

            Before I could think a different reason, the elevator dings, signaling that we’ve reached the ground floor. I hoist Zackary on my hip, and we take off for the beach across the street. Even he seems extra happy today, and he’s always a big ball of energy. My mum says he’s the way I was as a baby. I must admit though, he does  look really cute with his little water wings. He’s flailing his arms about, laughing, and having a good time like he knows exactly what’s going on. Lexi and I decided we would take turns introducing him to the water. If he likes it, let him have fun. If not, one of us will be with him at all times.

            After we set up our towels and umbrella, I take out the bottle of sunscreen. Just because I don’t tan, doesn’t mean I don’t burn. I remember the first time I got sunburned like it was yesterday. I can still see myself walking into my bathroom back home, and screaming because I looked like a cherry tomato. It took three weeks for my skin to return to its normal paleness. Ever since then, I’ve been extra careful about sunscreen. As I finish applying it to my chest, I glance up, and see Lexi biting her lip as she watches me. Just seeing her squirm brings a smirk to my face. As much as I would love to tease her, I have to apply sunscreen to Zackary. The sun is really dangerous to babies because of their sensitive skin. Plus, if you didn’t know any better, you would think Zack is Casper, the friendly ghost.

            “Babe, would you mind rubbing some on my back?” a sweet voice asks. I turn around, and see Alex taking off her sundress. That little devil; so this is why she was so eager to get to the beach. Here I was thinking about having a nice time at the beach with my family. Now I have to throw those thoughts away before I do something neither my body nor my mind can control. The boys are right, I am a sex crazed maniac. No, stop thinking that way Niall. “Babe?”

            I’m brought back to reality when I see Lexi standing there in a bikini, waving a hand in front of my face. Why does she have to do this to me?

            “Sorry, I was just thinking about something,” I said, trying not to hint that I was having very bad thoughts; thoughts that should never be repeated to anyone… not even to myself. Well, I think its official; I have officially become the cheeky member of the band. She nodded her head, and laid down on the blanket, waiting for me to rub sunscreen on her back. I set Zackary up right next to Alex before getting down on my knees. Well, since she’s decided she can tease me, I can tease her right back. While she was playing with Zackary, I placed one leg on each side of hers, straddling her. I squeezed out some sunscreen, and began to apply it to her shoulders, making my way down her back. She froze at my touch, and I knew I was crushing her with my touch. Even if I oblivious to her lack of movement, her heavy breathing and moaning were a dead giveaway. But right when I think I have her, she turns around under me, and gives me an evil smirk.