Key

The kid walks over to another cabinet nearby and offers to lift Mono up. He walks over and he gets boosted up on top of the cabinet. He looks at me for a moment, does a thumbs up, and jumps down on the other side. I tilt my head in confusion. What does that even mean?

Not knowing what to do, feeling awkward now that it's just me and the new kid, I sit down against the wall waiting for Mono's return. I look back towards the kid, who was still standing up, and I decide that I probably should make a better first impression...even if that means I need to start with some small talk.

"Um...so...what's your name?" I ask the kid. However...I was met with silence. Maybe they didn't hear me? "Do you have a name...?" I ask once more. Seemingly irritated, they I'm finally respond. "Six."

"Nice to meet you, Six! Situation could be better, though..." I nervously laugh. They don't respond. "So...why were you captured?" I ask, trying to keep up the ever so rapidly decaying conversation. It looked like they were about to respond until-

"I'm back!" Mono exclaims, jumping off of the cabinet, dropping something in the process. "I saw this weird fake woman in a chair...I tried to take this lever thingy away, but she had a real strong grip!" Six walks over towards the lever Mono had dropped and picks it up. "When I pulled on it more, the arm came off!" Mono continues, seemingly traumatized by that experience.

"Good job, Mono!" I respond to his whole rant. "Seems like you had the time of your life!" Mono pouts. "Haha...very funny." Suddenly, our conversation gets interrupted when we hear some snapping. We look towards the sound and see a very impatient Six.

"Oh, right!" I say, walking over to a bag that was hanging from the ceiling. I grip onto the bag as Six rotates the lever in a clockwise fashion. As she's doing that, the bag gets lifted above the ground, and directly behind the key that was also hanging from the ceiling.

Gathering up my courage, I leap off of the bag and onto the hook containing the key. As I swing across it, the key drops to the ground, next to Mono. He picks it up and puts it into his pocket for safekeeping. The ground seems rather far away...why is this hook so far up!?

Needing to drop somehow, I hesitantly let go of the hoop, dropping to the ground just as the key did. Luckily, I wasn't hurt. I'm relieved to no longer be that high up. Mono extends his hand out to me, helping me up off the ground. I thank Mono as Six was climbing back up the cabinet the way we came.

Me and Mono follow Six back towards the attic entrance. We all head back down the ladder...except Mono. Mono fell down the entire ladder with confidence. Good for him?

Mono walks over towards the door that was previously locked. He takes out the key and unlocks it, revealing what was behind it...outside. I feel like it's been forever since I've been out here. Six walks out first, then me and Mono follow close behind them.