XXXV. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED, LUKE?

Tk was currently sitting on the couch, squished in between Lucas and Dustin, and Max was on the other side of Dustin

Tk was currently sitting on the couch, squished in between Lucas and Dustin, and Max was on the other side of Dustin. The officers had brought them to the wheeler's house, inside they were met with Mike's parents, Dustin's mom, and the Sinclairs including erica.

"And what exactly were you all doing at the lake?" officer Powell was sitting in a chair across from the couch where they sat. they all looked at each other, they didn't have time to come up with a cover story.

"We were... we were just going for a walk," max said.

"a walk? at nine pm?" officer Callahan questioned.

"to the lake. we were gonna take a little swim. little night swim '' Dustin told them in a squeaky voice, which anyone could tell he was lying.

"dusty. someone was just murdered there" Mrs. Henderson, Dustin's mom says.

"Yeah, we... didn't realize that until we got there '' Dustin explains.

"That's why we didn't swim," Lucas added, Tk nodded his head, agreeing with him. He hoped none of them asked him questions; he was never a good liar.

"And Nancy, was she with you at this night's swim?" Mrs. Wheeler asked.

"No"

"Yes"

"We're not sure. She was there and then she left. It's all a little confusing, '' Dustin told them.

"That's when you guys came," Lucas cut in.

"Right. They dared me to say what I said, ''Max said as the boys started fake laughing.

and Ted decides it's the perfect time to speak. "you could have been shot"

"Have you had any contact with Eddie?" Powell asked.

"that psycho... freak killer? God, no ''Dustin spoke.

"nope. absolutely not" Lucas chimed in.

"no, we haven't heard from him, '' Max added.

"I don't even know the guy, '' Tk shrugged.

Erica stepped in front of the adults. "oh, that's a bunch of bull"

"Erica!" Mr. and Mrs. Sinclair exclaimed.

"I mean, you realize they're lying. The whole couch is on fire, ''Erica justified.

"Erica," her parents warned.

"Just the facts"

"Are you lying to these policemen, dusty?" His mom asked him.

"No," Dustin says in a high-pitched voice.

"Lying to the cops is a crime, son," Mr. Sinclair said to Lucas but it made Tk panic, he didn't want to be a criminal, and he most certainly didn't want to go to jail.