XIV. SNEAKING OUT

It was Halloween, one of Tk's favorite holidays

It was Halloween, one of Tk's favorite holidays. He didn't like the whole scary aspect of it. He just liked getting candy and dressing up. This year the party was going as the ghostbusters.

Except for Tk, he's going as an astronaut. Usually, he would go in a group costume with the party. But he had his planned since last Halloween when he was an alien and the party chose them a few months ago.

Eleven had been visibly upset because Tk was going trick or treating and she couldn't go. so Tk decided to take one of his old sheets and make her a ghost.

Tk had told her what the party was going as. and if she dressed up as a ghost she would match the party. She was obviously excited about it.

Hopper was in the kitchen making french toast for them and when he turned around to plate it. he jumped because El had been wearing the sheet on her head all morning.

"ghost," she said in a monotone voice. while Tk was too busy laughing at Hopper's reaction.

" Yeah, I see that," he said walking over to put the french toast on the plates.

" Halloween" she stated.

" Sure is. but right now, it's breakfast, okay come on, let's eat." Tk just shook his head at the fact that his uncle wasn't getting what she was saying.

" they wouldn't see her," Tk told him.

" Who wouldn't?" hopper asked, sitting at the table.

"the bad men '' Tk stated. hopper still didn't get it.

" trick or treat," El added.

" you want to go trick or treating?" He stared at her for a few seconds before speaking again, " you know the rules." El tried to say something but was cut off by hopper once again.

" yeah, so you know the answer." he asserted. Tk and El were trying to reason with him but he wasn't having it. He told them that she wasn't going and that was finale.

Jim told her to take the ghost costume off her head so she could eat. El took it off, and Tk were visibly not happy with hopper. Tk was more upset for El.

" All right, look... how about I get off early tonight and I buy us a bunch of candy, and we can sit around and get fat, and we watch a scary movie together? how's that for compromise?" he suggested noticing the looks he was getting from the two of them.

" compromise?" Eleven spoke butchering the word.

" c-o-m-promise. compromise. How about that's your word for the day? yeah?" he told her. she didn't look too convinced.

" It's like halfway happy. understand." Tk explained.

" by five one five?" El asked.

" by five fifteen. yeah, sure," Jim reassured.