XXVIII. THAT'S DARK, COWBOY

Tk and Dustin got to the mall early in the morning so they could watch the drop-offs and gather information before all the people came

Tk and Dustin got to the mall early in the morning so they could watch the drop-offs and gather information before all the people came. which brings us to their current position.

They were now in the back room explaining what they saw to Steve and Robin. Tk sat at the table with the older ones while Dustin was pacing.

"That keycard opens the door, but unfortunately, the Russian with this keycard also has a massive gun. whatever's in this room, whatever's in those boxes. they really don't want anybody finding it, '' Dustin explained.

"but there's gotta be a way in, '' Robin stated.

"Well, you know... I could just take him out," Steve said.

"Take who out?" Tk asked, he was sure he wasn't talking about taking out the Russian guard. but of course, he had to prove Tk wrong.

"the Russian guard" they all just gave him questioning looks. "what? I sneak up behind him, I knock him out, and I take his keycard. it's easy"

"did you not hear the part about the massive gun?" Dustin questioned.

"Yes, Dustin, I did. and that's why I would be sneaking" steve ran his fingers along the table to show how he would be sneaking.

"Let's say you did manage to sneak behind him and you're about to knock him out. but he suddenly turns around. Do you know why he turned around? because he felt you staring at him. It has been scientifically proven that if you stare at someone long enough they'll feel it. Then he hits you with his gun knocking you to the floor, so now he has the upper hand, and then he shoots you in the head, now you're dead" Tk rambles, which honestly scares the others.

Steve gives him a weird look. "that's dark, cowboy"

Tk shrugged. "that's what happens when you have dumb ideas"

"Well, please, tell me this, and be honest, have you ever actually... won a fight, ''Dustin questioned.

Steve rolled his eyes. "okay, that was one time"

"twice. Johnathan. year prior?" Dustin cut in.

"oh, yeah! I heard about that" Tk gasped.

"Listen, that doesn't count," Steve told them.

"why wouldn't it? because it looks like he beat the shit out of you ''Steve tried to make up a reason as to why he lost but Dustin wouldn't let him. "you got a fat lip, crooked nose, a lot of blood"

Suddenly Robin muttered something under her breath and left the room. leaving the three boys confused before they got up to follow her. only to find her taking all the money out of the tip jar, which Steve was not too happy about.

"Hey, Robin! what are you doing?" he asked her.

Robin shrugged. "I need cash"

"Well, half of that's mine. where are you going?" Steve calls out to her.