XXIV. NOT JUST A STUPID HAT

The elevator finally stops with a harsh jerk

The elevator finally stops with a harsh jerk. Robin was quick to get the boxes off of the boy, luckily they were some of the lighter boxes so he wasn't hurt too bad. Tk thanked her for helping him up and asked her if she was okay, which she was.

"my groin. it fell on my groin." Steve groaned. he started calling for Dustin and Tk to help get the box off of him. Tk helped Dustin pick up the heavy box off of steve. Once Steve got up Tk went to check on erica.

"Is everyone okay?" Tk asked after he made sure the younger girl was okay.

"yeah, I'm great, now that I know Russians don't know how to design elevators!" Steve yelled, pushing Dustin out of the way so he could go push buttons. Thankfully Tk was able to get him and Erica out of the way.

"I think we've clearly established that those buttons don't work, '' Robin told him.

"they're buttons. they have to do something, ''Steve shot at her.

"Yeah, if we had a keycard," Robin shot back.

Steve gave her a confused look. " a what?"

"It's an electronic lock. same as the loading dock door. if we don't have a keycard, it won't operate, meaning" robin was cut off by another voice.

"We're stuck in here," Dustin interrupted.

"Just so you nerds are aware, I'm supposed to be spending the night at tina's, and Tina always covers for me. but if I'm not home for uncle jack's party tomorrow and my mom finds out you four are responsible, she's gonna hunt you down, one by one, and slit your throat" erica threatened. Tk has never seen Mrs. Sinclair angry before and by the sound of it, he doesn't think he ever wants to.

"I don't care about tina! Or uncle Jack's party! your moms not gonna be able to find us if we're dead in a Russian elevator!" Steve shouted at the younger girl.

"steve! calm down, yelling isn't going to solve anything" Tk said as he stood protectively in front of her.

Steve was going to say something but Dustin cut him off. "What if we climbed out? Dustin was pointing to a small hatch in the ceiling. Steve hoisted Dustin up first then Tk and then himself.

"What were you saying about climbing? Steve says while looking up. The elevator had fallen a long way down, way too far down to climb up. Tk assumed that they were probably under starcourt.

Dustin pulled out his super com to see if he could contact the other party members. Tk tried to tell him that they were too far down and that it wouldn't reach, but it obviously didn't work because he kept trying.

"We are innocent children and we are trapped under starcourt mall. the red army has infiltrated Hawkins, and if we are found, they will torture and kill us"

"Dustin, I'm trying not to have a panic attack and you saying that they're going to torture and kill us is not helping" Tk stated.

"yeah, man cool it with that thing. you're gonna drain the battery '' Steve told him.