XXVII. BROKEN PROMISES

The scoop troop moves from the counter to meet the party, who were coming down to the bottom floor

The scoop troop moves from the counter to meet the party, who were coming down to the bottom floor. Dustin and Tk rush to them, Dustin pulls Mike and El into a hug while Tk hugs Max and will.

"Lucas?" Erica says.

"What are you doing here?" Lucas asks. He then turns to Tk, who was pulling away from hugging Mike and El. "Tk, why is my sister here?"

"Surprise?" He says before pulling Lucas in for a hug. Lucas didn't hug him back but Tk wasn't going to let go until he did.

Erica pointed over to Steve and Robin "Ask them. It's their fault"

"True, yeah. Totally true. It's absolutely our fault, '' Steve added.

"See, not my fault. I didn't want her involved with this, to begin with. Now hug me back ''Lucas wrapped his arms around the taller boy.

"I missed you," Lucas whispered. Tk looked around to make sure no one was looking, which they weren't. They were too busy introducing robin to the rest of them. Before leaning down to Lucas's height and pulling him into a short but sweet kiss.

"I missed you too," Tk said as he piled away from him.

It was only then that Lucas noticed the bruises on his face. "Oh, my god. What happened to your face?"

"You know, I was just beaten up by Russians, no big deal. I'm fine" he assured him as he piled his hands away from his face.

"Fine! Your face doesn't look fine" he exclaimed.

Tk grabbed Lucas's hands into his. "Luke, darling, I promise you I'm fine"

"Promise?"

Tk playfully rolled his eyes. "Yes. I promise" The two turned their attention back to the main conversation station.

"What are you talking about?" Lucas questioned since he and Tk weren't paying attention.

"Didn't you hear your code red?" Dustin asked.

"Yeah, but I couldn't understand what you were saying," Mike says.

"Goddamn low battery" Dustin swears.

"How many times do I have to tell you about the low battery?" Steve scolded.

"Well, everything worked out, didn't it, steve?"

"Worked out? We almost died, ''Erica says in disbelief.

"Yeah, we didn't, did we?" Dustin replies.

"But we could have," Tk pointed out.

"But we didn't!" Dustin shouts.

Tk noticed that el was walking away from them and decided he was going to walk behind her Just in case something happened. When he got closer he also noticed that she was panting and looking around as if she was lost.