VI. COSMO PLEASE

Tk had been laying in his bed all day

Tk had been laying in his bed all day. his eyes were red and puffy from crying himself to sleep. He didn't eat, didn't move, only got up to use the bathroom. his uncle had come to check on him before he went to work.

but Tk didn't say anything. Hopper even tried to bribe him with rice Krispy treats, them being Tk's favorite. but still nothing, he just laid there staring into space.

It had been a couple of hours since Jim left for work. Tk still hadn't gotten up. The guilt had been eating him alive. He blamed himself for Will's death. Mrs.Byers and Will's older brother Jonathan were left without a son, without a brother all because he didn't take him home.

and for that Tk would never forgive himself he didn't think he could even look the Byers family in the eyes without crying. he had planned to stay there all day until he heard his supper com go off.

" Tk do you copy?" a voice said that he then realized it was Lucas.

Tk looked over to where his supper com sat on the shelf next to his books about aliens. He thought maybe if he ignored it he would leave him alone.

not like he didn't want to talk to Lucas he did in fact some of his favorite conversations were with Lucas. he just wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone.

" Tk I know you hear me" Tk just put the pillow over his head and prayed that Lucas would take a hint and leave him alone.

" Thomas Kade Adams-Hopper. I will not be ignored!" Lucas shouted, his voice coming out a little more static because of the distance between their houses.

The boy removed the pillow that was covering his head and threw it across his room. at the bookshelf that was holding up his supper com.

knocking down some of his books that were up there but also bringing down the supper com which was the goal originally.

" Cosmo, please, it's important. " Lucas pleaded, hoping it would convince him to at least answer.

Tk groaned at that stupid nickname. he wished that Lucas would have forgotten by now everyone else did. When Tk was nine he went through this phase where for a year and a half he told everyone that he was gonna be a planet on his tenth birthday and he was gonna name his planet cosmo.

You can imagine his reaction when he turned ten and he wasn't a planet. so he spent the rest of the year trying to make people forget it. Lucas was the only person that called him that now. But luckily for him, Dustin moved into town and gave him a new nickname that wasn't embarrassing.

rolling out of bed and grabbing his supper com to finally answer the boy who has been not so patiently waiting on him to answer.

" What is so important?" Tk sighed wanting to stay in bed all day.

" Finally, it took you long enough. but Mike wants us to meet at his house. I'm on the way to go get Dustin." Lucas stated.

"I cant."