XIII. YOU WANT MY BOARD

The party was in Mr

The party was in Mr. Clark's science
class learning about the human brain. Tk sat on the right side of Lucas. When the principal walked in with a girl, she had bright red hair and she looked like she didn't want to be there.

"ah, this must be our new student." Mr. Clarke says.

"indeed it is. all yours." the principal replies before leaving the classroom.

"All right. hold up. you don't get away that easily. come on up. don't be shy." Mr. Clarke said, seeing as she tried to get to the back of the class. she reluctantly turned back to the place by his desk.

"Thomas, Dustin drum roll." Tk and Dustin both closed their science books and then started banging on them to make the drum roll effect.

" class, please welcome, all the way from sunny California, the latest passenger to join us on our curiosity voyage, Maxine."

"it's max" she whispered.

"Sorry?"

"nobody calls me Maxine. its max."

Dustin and Lucas look at each other with a look of realization before whispering ' mad max' to each other. Tk couldn't believe it. this was mad max?

She wasted no time rushing to a vacant seat in the back. all of them turned to look at her. Tk didn't realize how hard he was staring.

until she stared back at him she wasn't staring at all of them just him. Tk quickly turned around and faced the board trying to ignore the redness coming to his face.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The party was standing behind a gate that surrounded a ticket booth. Tk could admit it was a stupid way of trying to lay low so they didn't get caught. Holly did a better job of hiding when they would play hide and seek.

" There's no way that's mad max." mike said in awe as max flipped off the ledge with her skateboard.

" Yeah, girls don't play video games," Will added. Tk knew Will was wrong. He and El played games all the time on his atari. but he didn't say anything to him.

" and even if they did, you can't get seven hundred fifty thousand points on dig dug. It's impossible." mike said, adding on to Will's statement.

" Actually it was seven hundred fifty thousand and three hundred points." Tk corrected him, to which he just got an annoyed look in return.

"But her name is max," Lucas said.

"So what?" Mike asked.

"so, how many maxes do you know?" Lucas replied.

"I don't know."

" zero. that's how many."

" Yeah, she shows up at school. the day after someone with the same name breaks our top score. I mean, are you kidding me?'' Dustin tells them.