XXVI. THE UNIVERSE HATES US

Tk and Dustin were on the way scoops ahoy to see steve

Tk and Dustin were on the way scoops ahoy to see steve. Steve had applied for scoops ahoy before Dustin left but when he got hired Dustin had already left. Tk would have told Dustin about it but steve said he wanted to. So here they were at scoops ahoy but steve wasn't working the counter it was robin.

" hi" Dustin greeted her, Tk also waved at her.

" hi," robin replied while giving Tk a little wave.

" I'm Dustin"

" I'm robin"

Tk was feeling a little awkward so decided to introduce himself as well. " I'm Tk". Robin gave him a smile in return.

"Pleasure to meet you. Is he here?" Dustin asked.

" is who here?" Robin was asking when steve burst through the door that lead to the back room.

" Henderson. Henderson! He's back! He's back!" Steve exclaimed. He started jumping around and laughing, they then did their handshake which was just them pretending to fight with lightsabers. Dustin won seeing that steve got stabbed.

The whole time robin was giving Tk a confused look, to which he just shrugged knowing this was normal for them. It was only after their handshake that Steve then noticed Tk standing next to Dustin.

" hey, cowboy didn't see you there" steve spoke as he pushed Tks hat down so now he couldn't see.

"it's Tk" he corrected while pushing his hat out of his eyes. Steve just waved him off.

" how many children are you friends with?" Robin questioned Steve, didn't want to answer that so he distracted them with ice cream.

Dustin got a banana split while Tk got a strawberry sundae. Dustin was telling steve all about suzie, Tk could tell that steve was a little freaked out when Dustin said she thinks kissing is better without teeth, which made Tk have to try and hide his laugh.

" do you really just get to eat as much of this as you want?" Tk gestured to the ice cream in front of him.

Steve shrugged. " yeah. I mean, sure. It's not really a good idea for me, though. I gotta keep in shape for the ladies"

" yeah, and how's that working out for you" robin shouted from the counter.

" ignore her," steve told them.

" she seems cool," Dustin said.

" shes not"

" she is"

" so, where's the other knuckleheads? You know besides this one" steve added as he was pointing at Tk. He got a very offended look in return.

" they ditched me yesterday" Dustin replied.

" no," steve said in disbelief. He then turned to Tk for confirmation, Tk nodded telling him that it was true.

" my first day back. The only one who stayed was Tk. Can you believe that shit?" he added.