XVI. HE NEVER FORGOT

Tk was sitting on the couch doing homework assignments while his uncle was outside smoking

Tk was sitting on the couch doing homework assignments while his uncle was outside smoking. Jim was waiting for El. Apparently, she didn't go home right away when she left the school.

" Friends don't lie. Isn't that your bullshit saying?" Jim says blaming the door after both he and El walked onside.

Eleven tried to go to her room and avoid the lecture altogether. But that didn't really work because Hopper was right behind her.

" Hey! Don't walk away from me!" hopper yells pushing the door more open. " where'd you go on your little field trip, huh?"

She didn't respond, she just continued to put her stuff away. So he asked her a different question. " Did you go see mike?"

" he didn't see me," El told him.

" Yeah, well, that mother and daughter did and they called the cops. Now did anyone else see you?" he asked El again.

Tk tried to focus on his homework, hopper and el have fought before but usually, it was over her eating eggs for dinner Nothing this serious.

Tk watched as his uncle stormed out of the room and into the kitchen. He felt that this fight was gonna take up a lot more space so if things got too much he was going to lock himself in the bathroom.

" you're grounded! You know what that means? It means no eggos" he said, throwing all the boxes of eggs out of the freezer.

"And no tv for a week" hopper then walked over to the tv and tried to move it but it wouldn't budge. Looking up he realized it was El and told her to let go.

And of course, she didn't. They went back and forth between him telling her to let go and her not letting go to the point he ripped the tv cord out of the Tv so it didn't work anymore.

El ran to the tv trying her best to fix it but it couldn't be. Jim thought it would be best to continue his lecture Tk thought otherwise.

" you have got to understand that there are consequences to your actions," he told her. She did not take it well.

" You are like papa!" El shouted at Hopper, taking both him and Tk by surprise.

Hopper sighed " really? I'm like that psychotic son of a bitch? Wow! All right. You wanna go back to the lab? One phone call I can make that happen."

" Uncle Jim! You can't say that-" Tk went to say but was cut off by El.

" I hate you!" Eleven yelled at hopper.

" El! You don't hat-" Tk tried to say but went unheard by their argument.

" Yeah, well, I'm not so crazy about you, either. You know why? Because you're a brat. You know what that word means? How about that be your word for the day, huh? Brat." he said, picking up a dictionary and tossing it to her.