XXX. LOCKER ROOM CONVERSATIONS

It had been a week since Daniel showed up at the house, and Tk hasn't seen him since, which he was thankful for

It had been a week since Daniel showed up at the house, and Tk hasn't seen him since, which he was thankful for. It was the last day of school before spring break. He could not wait for the break. He was tired of school.

The teacher had given them projects to do before the break, and today They had to turn in their projects. The subject was on historical heroes, Will did his on Alan Turing, Tk did his on Albert Einstein and El was doing hers on hopper. Tk had finished his visual aid the night before so he didn't have to worry about it.

Tk was laying on his bed listening to "you don't mess around with Jim" by Jim Croce on his walkman. It has become his favorite song since Hopper died; it made him feel like he was still there. He had been up since three in the morning, he didn't get much sleep anymore because of the nightmares.

It was always the same three nightmares that haunted him at night. The first one that he got most of the time was about his uncle's death. He had convinced Joyce to tell him how he died a while back so Tk knew how he died. It was him in the room with hopper and Joyce but he couldn't move, like he was stuck in time. He had to watch as his uncle died over and over.

The other one was about his mom and the night she died. Sometimes it would be a few hours or minutes before they got in the car. Most times he was watching from a third-person standpoint, he had to watch as the younger version of himself cried and screamed for his parents to wake up. Other times he was the younger version of himself feeling it all happen again and those are the ones that scare him the most.

Every once in a while he gets ones about bob Newby which he thought was weird because he didn't really know bob like Joyce or Hopper did. But he still felt horrible, the way he died had kept him up for weeks after it happened, to be eaten alive by demo dogs was not a way he wanted to go out.

A lot has changed about Tk since the move. He stays in his room most of the time, he is always out finding things to do for extra cash and to top it all off he doesn't wear his hat anymore, and if he does it's rare.

Joyce had become very concerned for the boy, especially about his unusual habits; she thought it might have something to do with Daniel's surprise visit. She tried to get him to talk to her but he just said he was fine.

Jonathan opened Tk's bedroom door, making Tk take off his headphones so he could hear him. Jonathan told him that Argyle was here and they needed to go.

Once Jonathan left the room Tk got up, groaning as he did so. He opened the drawer of his bedside table and took out a bottle of Tylenol. his head was killing him, Tk had been having headaches for weeks it wasn't just headaches it was nose bleeds too. but he didn't think much of it. He's had nosebleeds and headaches before so it's no big deal.

Tk grabbed his backpack, putting the bottle of Tylenol and some tissues just in case. then he grabbed his project and started to walk out of his room but stopped just a few steps before the door. His focus was on his hat. It was hanging on the wall next to a corkboard full of pictures and drawings of the party and his family.