XXV. CLAIMING CONSTELLATIONS

It was July first and Tk was ecstatic, he's been waiting for this day since the beginning of summer

It was July first and Tk was ecstatic, he's been waiting for this day since the beginning of summer. Dustin was finally coming home. Dustin went to a summer camp, camp know where. Tk wanted to go with him but ultimately couldn't because he didn't have enough money. Tk and Dustin had been sending letters back and forth the whole time he was at camp.

Since he has been hanging out with the party for the first half of the summer. Tk decided that for the rest of July it would be all about Dustin. If Tk was hanging out with Lucas and Dustin called saying he wanted to hang out, you better believe he's hauling ass to go see Dustin.

He hasn't told Lucas his summer plans knowing that he would not be happy about it. Lucas has said multiple times that it felt like Tk was dating two people, seeing that he talks to Dustin all the time. Of course, Lucas was always joking when he said that.

The party went to Dustin's house before he did, they were planning on surprising him. Hopper even let El come along with them, of course, she was over the moon about it. Tk was just happy to see her like that.

They purposely ignored his calls on the radio, there were many times when Tk almost answer it because he felt bad but Lucas was able to stop him before he could.

Although the gesture was sweet Tk did tell them that Dustin is not the biggest fan of surprises, but he was brushed off. He didn't fight back after that he knew someone would get hurt, especially with the way they were going to do it.

The plan was to have El use her power to move the toys Dustin had and bring them to the living room, and when his back is turned they would jump out and yell surprise. It was a disaster waiting to happen. Tk swore he wouldn't go through with it.

Yet, here he was standing behind a wall squished in between Lucas and will. He could hear the toys being brought into the room. Mike then gave El her signal to stop the toys, and she did.

They come out from behind the wall, Lucas was hiding the sign that he and Tk made that read " welcome home Dustin!" On it along with a bunch of diodes of planets, spaceships, aliens, stars, and Dustin's constellation that he claimed, which was Hercules, he picked it because it was the biggest, even though Tk told him it wasn't.

Max was counting down from three with her fingers and when she got to zero they blew their noisemakers and scared the living shit out of Dustin. Like Tk had previously said someone was bound to get hurt, unfortunately, that someone was Lucas. Dustin was carrying around a can of hairspray for protection and sprayed it right in his eyes.

Tk quickly grabbed Lucas's hand and dragged him over to the sink to rinse out his eyes. Tk was wiping them with a washcloth but Lucas decided that wasn't enough and dunked his whole head under the faucet.

" ow, ow, ow, ow," Lucas complained while rubbing his eyes.

" he okay?" Max asked who was now standing next to Tk.