(21)

i woke up in a medical room, presumably at a base somewhere.

i sat up and moved the blanket off of me, seeing that they'd managed to save my leg.

i smirked cockily to myself, moving my toes and foot.

i checked the bandages around my calf and spun to hang my legs off the side of the bed.

there was a pair of crutches leaning against the wall, so i grabbed them and shoved them under my arms.

i tried to walk on my own first, but the pressure hurt a lot.

it must have hit nerves.

i swung, hopping around until i found price talking to gaz and the infirmary nurse.

"morning lads." i smiled.

"good to see you alive, An." price smiled.

"good to be alive captain." i nodded.

"can you walk on your own?" the nurse questioned, stepping over to me.

"almost, i'm using the crutches a fair bit, but i can put weight on it." i nodded.

"you're off duty until you can walk, then." price called from just beside me.

"what?" i questioned, shock lining my face.

"if you can't walk unassisted, you can't be in the field." price shook his head.

"wait, wait wait wait. i thought we weren't going after graves for a few days yet?" i asked.

"two days. if you can't walk unassisted in two days, you're staying here." he ordered.

i nodded in defeat.

"can you show me how much weight you can comfortably put on it?" the nurse asked, kneeling down infront of me.

i swung back a little and walked towards him, limping pathetically.

"ok, well rest up. take it easy, try and stay sitting or laying down." he nodded, handing me a sheet of painkillers.

i thanked him and left, heading for the common room.

"morning boys." i called as i sat on the couch.

it was just simon, soap and alejandro in the room, soap and ale were talking in the corner.

simon's face lit up like a kid on christmas morning when he saw me, scooting over to me and forcing me into a hug.

"god i was so worried." he groaned.

"you had nothing to worry about, i ain't dead yet." i smirked.

"god you're so cocky sometimes, and how come you didn't tell me your name was anneliese before yesterday?" he asked, pulling away.

"because i didn't want anyone to slip up and call me anneliese or anne or lise while we were on field." i looked up at him, setting my crutches down on the ground beside me.