(20)

we made our plan and headed to the prison.

gearing up, rodolfo handed us our stuff.

"graves'll have this place externally patrolled." soap said, fixing his kit.

"let's hope ale's alive." i muttered, heading up to the building with the rest.

"head left, follow the trail." rodolfo ordered.

we followed.

the guys made small talk as we walked, mostly about alejandro or the army.

"i see a spot up there i can camp at, want me to go?" i asked, loading my sniper.

"good idea, eyes in the sky." ghost nodded.

"keep your eyes behind you, if you're spotted, they'll sneak up on you." rodolfo warned.

"be careful." he said softly.

"always." i nodded, separating from the group.

i got to my perch and laid myself out between bushes and dry tallgrass.

"lieutenant move left at the fork ahead, you have a team of external on the right." i called through my radio, preparing to shoot them down.

"stand down, moving left." ghost nodded.

"you're approaching, there's a tower ahead. two armed, i can take one but i might be too slow to get the other." i called.

"roger, i'll take the one on the right, you take the left." ghost agreed, shooting down the guard on the right side of the tower.

i quickly shot the guy on the left.

"good shot sarge, clear the field." he ordered as they moved.

i helped them clear out the men scattered in the grass as they approached.

i watched carefully as they got closer and closer to the building.

i saw a guard, camouflaged in the grass in a ghillie and aimed, shooting him in the face.

"jesus christ, nice shot sarge." soap smirked as he walked past.

i took out the last two tower guards and watched as they repelled up the side.

"watch your backs lads." i said softly, taking out the guards in the tower beside them.

they disappeared down a ladder in the middle of the tower.

"you're on your own now boys, i'll keep the towers quiet." i whispered, taking out the guards in the rest of the towers.

"you can't cover us in here?" ghost asked.

"no L.t, i can't see past the walls. stay vigilant." i ordered.

"aye, stay safe sarge." soap nodded.

"you too soap."