(10)

y'all are actually insane, i only uploaded the 400 reads chapter 2 days ago and we're already at almost 800.

with still shaking legs, i got dressed into a black t-shirt and camo work pants.

i threw on some black socks and put my hair back into a loose ponytail at the base of my skull, watching ghost emerge in a similar outfit with his balaclava on.

i smirked and walked out, putting my dirty clothes in my bedroom.

i sat on my mattress and picked up a book, sitting with my back to the wall as i read.

i rarely got time to relax, but when i did, it was perfect.

"i've got laundry to do but i don't have enough for a load. you got anything?" ghost appeared in my doorway.

"yeah, i've got enough to finish a load." i nodded, grabbing my bag of dirty clothes and giving them to ghost.

"alright, i'll give your clothes back once they're done." he said as he left, carrying my bag of clothing.

"so you and ghost, huh?" mactavish leant in through my door.

"god i can't just relax, can i?" i closed my book, setting it aside.

"what makes you think that?" i asked, looking up at him.

"the bites on your neck and fact that i heard you and L.t fucking in the showers." he smirked evilly.

"you misheard then." i shook my head.

"'ghost please, i can take it.' 'fuck simon don't stop i'm gonna cum i'm gonna cum.'" he taunted.

"you speak nothing of this to anyone, if anyone finds out, i'm coming for your scrote, mac." i warned.

"relax i have better things to do than gossip about you and L.t hooking up in the showers, like video games and calling me mam." he rolled his eyes.

"why were you listening anyway?" i asked.

"i heard you moaning, i thought you were in pain so i got closer to check on you."

"right, note to self keep it down next time." i mumbled to myself.

"just be safe, we don't need a baby on the team." he rolled his eyes playfully.

"i can't have kids anyway mac, you have nothing to worry about." i grabbed my book.

"you can't?" he asked.

"no, i told you this. i can't have kids because of my condition." i looked up at him trying to remind him.

"your period thing?" he asked.

"no my missing fingers, yes my period thing."

"that's shite, aye lass? well i'll get goin', don't wanna bother you in your time off." he patted my head and left.

"bye mactavish." i called after him, picking up my book again.

i got through a chapter and a half before i passed out, exhausted from this morning's shenanigans.

~~~

ghost pov:

it had been a few hours, i had finished doing my laundry and sergeant McLaughin's.

i decided to fold her stuff for her, a peace gesture.

i knocked on her door to no answer.

"sergeant?" i called, knocking again.

it didn't help that her underwear was right on top of her pile of laundry.

i got many stares from people walking by.

"sergeant, are you ok?" i called, starting to get worried.

"hmm?" she moaned from behind the door.

"you alright sarge?" i called.

"what do you want?" she groaned, audibly yawning.

"i have your clothes for you." i called, opening the door.

she had just woken up from what looked to be a peaceful nap.

"sorry to wake you, here." i set her stack of clothes down on her bedside table.

"how long was i out?" she asked, yawning.

"few hours maybe? you didn't miss anything." i went to leave.

"wait, can you bring me some food? i don't care what i'm just actually starving right now." she interrupted.

"sure, i'll put on a maid dress too." i joked.

she looked up at me with pleading eyes.

"fine. i'll bring you food, sit tight." i left, heading for the kitchen.

short chapter, i'm doing long chapter next i promise :)