(9)

i'd been thinking about simon all night.

i think maybe it was just because it had been so long, or maybe i wasn't convinced he really liked me enough.

whatever it was, i'd gotten over it fast.

i woke up to soap at my door, knocking.

"go away soap." i groaned, sitting up.

"morning run, you don't have a choice." his accent was thick as he spoke.

"and what if i do?" i questioned.

"ye' don't, so get yer' lazy ass out of bed and meet me on the track." he yelled, knocking down my wall as he left.

i sighed and stretched, getting into my clothes from last night and walking out to meet him.

i yawned as i walked, pulling my pants out of my asscrack as i got to soap.

"about last night-" soap started.

"shut up soap. let's just get this shite over with so i can go back to sleep." i stretched.

"i didn't see anything." he continued.

"shut it." i warned, taking off on a jog.

soap and i did a few laps before we headed inside for breakfast.

someone had eaten my noodles from last night.

i grabbed a small pot of yogurt like i usually did and downed it like a shot of thick absinthe, swallowing it all in one go.

mactavish had grabbed a piece of bread and had shoved it into his mouth, almost choking on crumbs.

"i'm gonna hit the showers, i'm so sweaty and gross." i whined, walking off.

"meet your lover boy there." he joked.

i rolled my eyes at his childish comment, grabbing clothes for the day and heading to shower.

i undressed, left my clothes on the sink and got into the hot water as per usual.

there was already water coming from the stall next to mine.

"that you sarge?" a familiar brit asked.

"that you L.t?" i questioned.

"of course it is. just making sure." he said.

he sounded...out of breath.

"you alright in there L.t? you sound like you're panting." i asked, washing under my arms as i spoke.

"j-just fine." he stuttered.

"simon what's going on? you're out of breath and stammering. is something wrong, are you hurt?" i questioned.

"i'm fine sarge, don't worry about me."

"simo-"

"i said don't worry."

i shut up and turned my water off, leaving my towel hanging.