prologue

i felt the presence of someone getting close to me and woke from my sleep.

keeping my eyes closed, i subtly reached for my knife and stood up, holding my knife to the man's throat and pinning him to the wall opposite my bed.

"easy tiger, it's just me. we've gotta get going, wheels up at 0700." a familiar mask stared down at me.

"my apologies lieutenant. i'll be there." i lowered my knife, standing with my hands clasped behind my back as he left my room.

you'd think he'd know better than to sneak up on a sleeping sergeant but apparently not.

i put my knife down on the box beside my bed and grabbed a clean change of pants, a black shirt, my belt, boots and jacket.

i grabbed a clean pair of underwear and a bra from the suitcase under my bed and headed off to the showers.

i walked right down into the corner as i usually did, being the only woman on a block of men with no curtains meant trust issues around nudity.

i left my clothes on the sink and grabbed my towel, hanging it over the wall dividers and turning the hot water tap all the way on.

the water was initially freezing on my warm skin, but quickly heated up, pouring over my chest.

i took my sweet time, washing my hair, shaving everything, not knowing when i'd have a chance next.

i wrapped my towel around my body and walked back to the sink, picking up my clothes.

i put on the same bra as the night before, a grey sports bra with a cross-back, and went to put on my underwear when it was suddenly missing.

i peeked around the corner and looked to see if i'd dropped it, but i hadn't.

i sighed and put my shirt on, tying my towel around my waist and holding my pants in one hand, my boots in the other.

i headed out to the common room where everyone was either eating, working out or watching tv.

"alright, which one of you was it now?" i asked, glaring at them.

"what do you mean sarge?" soap joked.

"which one of you took my underwear while i was showering." i glared.

a few small giggles sounded through the room.

"if you think this is funny boys, you have another thing coming. i don't have all day, who was it?" i asked.

a few giggled sounded again.

i rolled my eyes and sighed, walking over to the bench and putting my pants down.

i went to put my boots down when my red underwear hit me in the face, having been slingshotted at my face.

i grabbed a knife from the drawer and looked around.

"next time, i'm castrating someone." i warned, taking my underwear and pants and going to finish getting ready.