Baby S

It was just about 7 minutes or so since the babies had been born and you had been by Lydia's side the whole time, holding her hand.

And finally, the nurses brought the first baby out to meet you and Lydia.

You gasp, standing up while still holding her hand to peer into the small bundle the nurse is holding in her arms.

She hands the baby to Lydia, placing it on her bare chest.

You turn to look over her shoulder.

Lydia cradles the baby in her gentle hands.

"Oh my god...come here, come here, Y/N." she mutters, taking her hand from yours to place it on the side of your face.

She brings your head over right beside hers so that you can see your baby for the very first time.

She lets her hand fall from your face to the baby.

She parts the blanket it's wrapped in around it's head.

Then, you can finally see it.

Your baby.

Sawyer.

Sawyer Emily Deetz.

You can see it in their little face.

It looks just like what you imagined your little Sawyer Emily would look like.

From their small, perfect nose to their closed little eyes and their tiny lips.

Sawyer Emily in every way.

"It's Sawyer." you murmur.

Lydia sniffles.

You look to her.

There are tears in her beautiful eyes.

And there are streams of them running down her face.

"Ohh, Lydi!Don't cry!" you whisper, raising your sleeve to wipe the tears away.

She sniffles again before looking up at you.

"We're parents now. I'm a mother. You're a parent too." she whispers, her voice breaking softly.

"And this is our baby. Sawyer." she continues.

Then, the doctors bring out the next baby.

They place it in your arms.

Surprised, you immediately scramble to hold the small life in your hands.

"This one is the boy. The other one is the girl." they say, first pointing to the baby in your arms and then pointing to the baby in Lydia's.

You nod as the nurses and doctors walk away to allow you and Lydia to have time alone with your babies.

You look down at the little child you hold in your arms.

He wriggles around before settling in your hands.

Then, he scrunches up his nose before relaxing his face again.

He looks just like Lydia.

Although most babies look the same as the next, you can already see his nose, that looks just like hers.

Both of your babies are just like your Fiancee.

And you couldn't be happier.

"Do you want to hold Silas?" you ask.

Lydia sniffles and nods immediately.

So, you stand up before gently laying him down in Lydia's gentle arms.