Big news

(For the purposes of these next chapters, in this universe, women can get other women pregnant, okay?Okay.Great)

...

After Lydia and you had...fun... you had stayed the night and left later that morning.

It had been around a week since then, and of course, you're no 'hit it and quit it' type of person, so you had been texting her, calling her and face-timing her all through the week.

And you hoped she knew you loved her, no matter if you had sex that night or not.

But today was different than the last days you'd been talking to her.

She seemed urgent by the way she texted you.

She had asked you to come over to her house ASAP.

And without any questions, you hurried over.

You knew something was up by the way she had forgotten to put a period at the end of her text.

And also by the way she had only messaged you a simple, "Y/N...Get here ASAP, now!I need you" with no other context to go off of.

Your hands shake as you turn into the parking lot below her house and get out of your car.

You take in a deep, long breath in an effort to comfort yourself as you rush up the hill towards her tower of a home.

Worry fills your head as you think about why she seemed so off in her messages she sent you earlier.

What could be wrong?

Was she okay?

Did she want to break up?!

Anxiety clouds your vision as you approach the front door.

As your hand nears it, it flies open.

Behind it, is Lydia, standing before you, looking anxious.

You hurry inside as she shuts the door behind you.

You gently grasp her hand, "Lydia!Lydia, are you okay?Are you alright?".

Her face is pale and white as she stares up at you, chewing on her lip.

"I-I don't know." she replies nervously.

"What?What's going on?Who hurt you?" you ask quickly, desperate to know what made Lydia appear so scared.

She trips on her words as she struggles to respond, "No-Nobody hurt me, angel.I just...I don't know what to say...follow me.".

She leads you, holding your hand, down the hallway towards a door you'd never been to before.

Then, she pushes it open.

Behind it is a nice, expensive-looking bathroom.

She takes a few slow steps, walking towards the counter, standing in front of it.

She stops, turning around to face you.

You can feel her hands, freezing and shaky in your hold.

"Y/N...please don't be mad...please." she begs.

"Why?What?What do you mean?" you ask.

She reaches behind her, dropping your hand to grab whatever is on the counter.

She places it in front of your eyes abruptly.

You can tell she's so nervous.

The most anxious you'd ever seen her.

You let your eyes focus on the object she's holding.

You squint to read the small word on the square screen in the middle of the thermometer-shaped thing.

What?!

No.

No.

It can't be!

You read it over and over again.

It clearly says, "Pregnant.".

You gasp.

She pulls the test away to look up at you timidly.

Her lips quivers as she awaits your reaction.

"You're pregnant?" you ask.

She nods.

"Are you sure it's mine?" you ask, gently grasping her hand in yours.

She nods again, "It's your baby, Y/N...I..I'm sorry.".

You can tell she's terrified of what you're going to say.

"A-Are you mad?I'm sorry...I'm so sorry..." she murmurs, a tear falling down her cheek.

"Mad?Why would I be mad, Lyds?" you ask, gently raising one of your hands to stroke the side of her face.

"There's nothing to be sorry for, sweetheart.Trust me, I'm not mad, not at all.It takes two to tango, you know." you reply.

She softly chuckles, "Yes, but...I dunno...I should have been more careful...I mean, when I decided to do all that with you the other week, I didn't even think of the possibility of a baby.I should have been smarter.".

You wipe her tears from her beautiful eyes as you murmur, "No, Lydia...no, you did nothing wrong.And now, we can't take what we did back, but we gotta figure out what we're gonna do now.".

She looks up at you, "What do you mean?".

"Well, first things first:Are we even going to keep this pregnancy?You always have a choice, babe.It's 100% your decision on what you want to do." you assure her.

She thinks for a moment before responding, "Yes.If you feel the same, I'd like to keep this baby.It's ours.I always wanted a baby I just....I didn't expect to have one this soon, you know?".

You nod, gently hugging her close to your chest, "Alright.Now we have to make sure you'll be okay.I'm going to stay here until this kid is born!".

"No, Y/n...You have to take care of your stuff at home too...you can't just get up and stay here for the next 9 months!" she exclaims.

You chuckle, "How about this then?I'll be here most days, and a few nights a week I'll go back to my house?".

She nods, "Okay.Fine.Just...don't drop everything just for me.It makes me feel....overwhelmed.".

You gently reach your hand down between you and her to place it flat against her stomach.

She looks up at you, pressing her palm against your shoulder, glancing down at your hand.

"We're going to have a baby together, Lyds.And you best believe I'm going to do everything I can to make you feel like I really do love you.Because it's true.I'm yours now, Lydi.All yours." you promise her. 

She sniffles softly, putting her hand over yours on her stomach before flicking her eyes back to you.

"I just can't believe it.I'm pregnant...with your  baby." she breathes, "I love you so, so much....And I just don't want you to drop your whole life for...well, for me.".

"Hey, hey...I'm going to love you and this baby until the sun explodes, okay?We're in this together.I'm not going to leave you, Lydia.And even if you weren't pregnant, I still would choose to be with you every time." you assure her.

Her lip quivers as a tear rolls down her cheek.

You gently wipe it with your free hand, placing a soft kiss on her lips.

"T-That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me..." she murmurs.

You hug her close, still holding your hand against her stomach comfortingly, "This is for life, Lyds.I'll love you forever.".

"Forever?".

"Forever.".