House party (Angst/Fluff)

Tw:Cursing, bullying, crying

It was the day after you and the ghosts had scared the mayor into submission.

And Lydia had decided to host a party in honour of her being able to keep her house and of you being able to save it.

But, much to your mind's protest, she also decided that she would invite nearly the whole town over to her home for the night's festivities.

No matter how much you told her it would probably be a bad idea, she insisted that her neighbors deserved another chance.

So, you gave in to her innocent mind's ideals and allowed her to invite almost everyone around.

You knew it always had a chance to turn out horribly, but for some reason you trusted Lydia and what she thought.

And now, there was no turning back.

It was the night of the party and several people had already arrived.

Adam and Barbara had also decided to join the celebration, although none of the party-goers could see them except for you and Lydia.

And you were determined to give Lydia the best party of her life, because you knew that she deserved to be happy more than anyone else.

The place was so colourful you thought it might look like something of a pride parade to people outside, as the whole house was covered in streamers of all colours, rainbow confetti, various drinks and party games everywhere.

Lydia had really out-done herself this time.

You knew she was oh so exited for the party, but your head was filled with anxiety for the night ahead.

But all of the sudden, you were snapped back to reality as you felt Lydia gently grasp your hand.

You open your eyes and look up to see her, smiling at you.

"Hey, Y/N!Care to dance?" she asks, pointing to the living room full of arrogant people swaying to the loud music blasting from Lydia's speakers.

You chuckle under your breath and set your red solo cup filled with fruit punch down onto a table before standing up, "I'd love to.".

You allow her to lead you across the room into the middle of the crowd, where you think she's going to stop, but she keeps walking.

And soon, she reaches the stairs.

She gracefully steps up them until you both reach the top.

Then, she curves around a corner and takes you into a room you never even knew existed.

Once you walk through the doorway, you're taken aback.

The room is almost completely empty, save for a few chairs in the corners.

The only source of light illuminating the space is the white moonlight spilling in from the square windows leading outside.

"Wow...this is beautiful...." you breathe.

She smiles and pulls you to the middle of the room, where the two of you stand solitary, staring into one another's sparkling eyes.

While holding one hand up against yours, she wraps her free arm around your waist, gently pressing your body closer to hers.

Getting the hint on what shes doing, you place your hand on her shoulder, keeping your other hand's fingers intertwined with hers.

The song playing on the floor below is slow, and romantic, unlike the songs that were playing earlier.