Chapter 19

Year 2: 1942

Rushing down the stairs, Clara grabbed her backpack along the way, six thirty in the morning, first day of tenth year, a new start! She has to be at school in less than hour, she had to give the morning speech since every start of year one of the students has to give the speech, this year it was Clara's turn.

Start her tenth year was an exciting one for her, she could join the student council since only last forth year students were allegeable for that.

She had completely forgotten that it is also the first year for the Welton academy students, she got that point the moment she saw the cars parked in front of the school. For the whole summer she would walk by the Welton academy on her way to the shop and laugh to herself remembering Henry.

And now it was the first day for them which she couldn't remember, checking her clock, still she had few minutes before her school starts she waited on the other side of road waiting to find any of the boys, she saw Dylan, his dirty blonde hair wasn't the one to miss.

A smiled printed on her face she yelled his name 'Dylan' making her way towards him; he smiled wide at the sight of her 'Hey! I am socked you still remember my name' he said.

She chuckled 'not the one to forget names, where the rest of the gang is?'

He shrugged 'I think I am the first one to arrive. Are you heading to school?'

She nodded 'I have to give the morning speech today, I better be going, say hi to the rest when you see them.'

With that she was on her feet, running till she reached her high school, not many students were there so she figured they are still coming.

Pushing past the few students in the hallway Clara found the student council office, throwing her bag on the ground she immediately pulled out the letter, her speech. Waiting for the clock to ring at seven to give the speech Clara patiently tapped her finger of the table.

More students started to show-up down the hallways, looking for the classes, some meeting with their friends they haven't seen all throughout the summer break, the clock hit seven and the bell rang. Giving students their cue to each one of them to attend their first class of the year and it was time for Clara to give her morning speech though the speakers.

'Hello students of Vermont high; this is your fellow student Clara and I am here to welcome you for the start of new year in this lovely, creative high school, I would like to take few minutes of your day to remind you that even if summer break is over there is no need to fuss about that now, because it is your chance to start another year here. For the new students do not feel scared, most of the times we are nice here. And for the old students; behave! I hope you all have started your day with a positive attitude, full energy, and a smile. A new morning is a new beginning and a new hope, remember to be more, do more and win this year, this year is your to make. This is Clara Webb, and yes I will sign an autograph if you want one, have a great day!'

Students cheered from classes as she closed the morning speech, Jessica smiled at the knowledge of her best friend giving speech with her humor. It is safe to say that Clara did get a round of applause when she entered her class that morning from her classmates, she made sure to let them know that she did her best with that speech even the principle was happy about it.

Meanwhile back at Welton academy the students were arriving for the start of yet another year.

To the dead poets' members it was more exciting since Noah's younger brother was going to join them at the school. Nothing like them, Aiden was terrified to start a new year at Welton, not because he wasn't that his brother's friend will be mean to him but he had the anxiety that he found hard to control.

'They are going to like you, Aiden. Don't worry' Noah tapped his brother shoulder as they both,

Aiden nodded still nervous to say anything else, he felt like he will puke at any moment and make a joke of himself, he noticed group of boys making their way towards him and Noah, came closer he realized they are Noah's friends.

The one with messy hair introduce himself first 'hi, you must be Aiden, I am Henry, so glad to have you here.'

The one with bright smile came next 'Keating, John Keating.'

'I am Dylan' The one with blond hair said happily, Noah mentioned Dylan a great deal all summer and how much he liked theater so Aiden took notice of that, he smiled and waved at him.

'I am Stanley, everyone calls me tool'

'W-What?'

Henry chuckled 'they call him that because of his smart brain, he always has any sort of tool with him, Noah said you are great of an artist, will you paint anything for us?'

Aiden didn't know what to say but he shrugged.

To his luck Noah came to his recuse pulling his friends to the student hall for the morning speech, letting out a sigh of relief Aiden followed behind them as they chatted their way to their seats.

Aiden was given the room next to Noah's not the same room but it was close and he shared it with Dylan so it was a good deal for him. Right after the morning speech the boys gathered in Dylan's room to help Aiden settle-in and chat about their summer break, while the others spoke Aiden happily sat on his bed listening to them.

'Hey, Aiden do you like poetry?' John asked they all turned their heads at him waiting for his answer. To which he shrugged 'I-I don't know?'

'How about you join us in the cave?' Henry asked.

'Cave?' Aiden quietly asked.

'Not just a cave' Dylan joined 'It is our secret organization, it is our society, we go there to not just read poems' but to live the poetry as it is, we live for the words even if it is for few hours, you are very much welcome to join us. But keep it a secret.'

'Is that okay with the principle?'

'He doesn't need to know' John replied.

'We follow no rules here; we are the rules' Henry joined with a smile. Aiden turned to his brother for an answer to which Noah nodded, so Aiden took that as an cue 'Okay?'

'Great answer' Dylan clapped his shoulder.