Chapter 2

Following the number of his papers John found the room he was giving, Inside the room was already someone's bag scattered on one of the beds. John assumed it was his roommate.

A small book of poetry stood half open on the desk, he noticed it as he placed his bag on his desk.

'Hey you must be John.'

John turned to find a brown haired boy he forwarded his hand 'Henry.'

John took in the handshake 'Yes, John. That's me'

'Poetry?' John asked

'Only the best' Henry chuckled 'you?'

John nodded excited that his roommate was into poetry just like him. 'Great we should get together and read it together sometime' Henry jokingly hit John with papers he had rolled together.

Henry left the room yet again making his way down the corridor when ho noticed in one of the rooms another kid in his age fixing something that looked like a fan. Henry walked in the room stopping beside the doorframe.

'Cool tool you got there' Henry said earning Stanley's attention.

'What?'

Henry pointed at the Fan 'Oh this? It is a fan, I made it'

Henry raised his brows walking inside the room to take a closer look at the fan 'cool! Does it work?'

Stanley shrugged 'I don't know what's wrong with it, I have tried everything I can't find why it is not working.'

'Did you try checking the batteries' Said a voice from behind, there stood Noah.

'I am Noah' he smiled at the two boys 'I share a room with Stanley?' he told Henry.

'Oh I am Stanley' Stanley smiled

'I am Henry' henry joined 'I don't share this room. Mine is down the aisle'

'Cool' Noah replied 'So you made this?' he asked.

Stanley nodded putting the small project upside down checking for batteries. Just as Noah guessed one of the batteries were missing. He sighed; one of his sisters for sure took his batteries just to play a prank on him.

'Where I'm I supposed to find batteries now?'

'Let us ask John' Henry said walking out of the room. Both Noah and Stanley followed him 'Who's John?' they asked,

'My roommate' Henry replied entering the room.

'Hey Johnny Boy do you have batteries?' Henry asked skipping his way to the desk beside John.

John looked beside him both ways then turned at his roommate 'I am Johnny boy? Well not sure if I do have batteries-' he saw Stanley with his small Fan in hand 'Hey aren't you the one with the fan?'

Stanley nodded with a wide smile.

'Do you need batteries?'

They all turned to find Dylan standing beside the doorframe with his hat on and a bow tie. Henry laughed at the sight of him 'where did you get that bow tie?'

'It is mine, Gentleman' he replied in most dramatic way possible.

'Drama class?' Noah asked.

'Something like that' Dylan replied with a grin 'I have a radio that works with batteries so I have extra batteries but for what?' they all followed him to his room that he shared with his roommate.

Dylan looked through his small bag, full of all sorts of costumes.

Henry picked up a wig placing it on his head with a laugh he spoke 'you weren't joking about being a drama kid?'