Chapter 3

John being much excited for the class didn't mean that he was thinking of a name for the poet's club name for him and his friends left his mind.

Making sure his teacher wasn't looking; John wrote down names for their small club one after another until he suddenly thought of two words that matched.

Dead...

Poetry...

John smiled eagerly writing down in a note and turned beside to catch Henry's attention; who seems to be already reading a poem hiding it under the table from their history teacher.

'Henry' John whispered trying hard to not be seen by the teacher. Henry turned his head towards John and answered with a nod, John handed him a note quickly, immediately turning to his book just before their teacher turned around still reading form the book.

Both boys pretended that they were already focused on the book, after making sure Mr. Anthony wasn't looking; Henry unfolded the small note to read "Dead Poets Society"

Henry turned his head towards John with an impressed look and gave thumbs up from under the table. Henry nudged Noah placing the note on his table to which Noah immediately took the note not even taking his eyes of Mr. Anthony for a while until he turned around to write something on the board Noah read the note.

Both John and Henry saw the amazed look on Noah's face; it was a sign of approval. Taking Stanley's shoulder Noah handed him the note to read.

Stanley immediately turned to look at Noah with a short wow before looking ahead again before Mr. Anthony could notice.

Lastly Dylan was the only one left to know the name of their group.

Stanley threw the note that hit Dylan right in the face causing John and Henry to snort a laugh out but stop as soon as Mr. Anthony turned his attention to them. Stanley hissed trying to his head low, meanwhile Dylan slammed his foot on the note that hit him then fell on the ground.

Dylan waited for Mr. Anthony to get back on with his reading so he would grab the note and read it. In his mind he though they probably wrote a funny note so he was already excited to laugh.

Slowly grabbing the note Dylan read it:

"Dead Poets Society, the name of our group?"

A dramatic low gasp with a nod to his friends meant Dylan also approved of the name.

'You are telling me you got the name for the idea in the class?' Noah asked as they left the class walking together. John shrugged 'well yes I did! We are reading poems of dead poets! Isn't that what we like to do?'

They all joined in laughing.

'But what do we do now?' Stanley asked.

They stooped walking and turned to their friend 'I mean isn't that regular thing to do? We read poems and then?'

John grinned wide 'I have a great idea in mind'

'Does it involve costume?' Dylan asked.

'Not if you don't want to' John replied 'How long until the next class?'

'Ahh maybe ten minutes?' Noah replied.

They made their way to the library 'do we know what we are looking for?' Henry asked hands in his pockets.

'Yes and no' John replied

Noah snorted at that 'Good one!'

'And how is that good?' Stanley questioned

'We' John acknowledge 'are looking for a map'

'A map?' Henry joined in 'why are we looking for a map?'

Dylan hummed 'We are skipping school to go on an adventure?'

'Something like that?' John answered not sure as he looked through the stack of papers placed on the small desk.

'My mother will kill me if I skipped school' Stanley said with a concern look.

'So will my mother only if she finds out which she won't unless I get caught which I never get.' Henry proudly said.

It was the truth; Henry learned his way into skipping classes and school very much often before coming to Welton Academy and for his own advantage none of his old school teachers noticed him skipping classes. When called his names he would let his friends speak for him although he was never in the class in the first place.

He never got caught doing it.

'Aha found it' John exclaimed holding a small old looking map in his hand earning a shhhh from the library teachers.

'What now?' Henry whispered his question.

'Now we find a place for us' John replied 'come on we Gotta get to class.'