Chapter 18

It didn't take much for Clara to figure out her thoughts on each one of the dead poets members; she knew John, the lover-boy who liked her friend or as he said he did, he seemed normal now but she was waiting for him to come around her friend to check if he will act like a complete idiot once again.

Noah, the one with dark black hair and smirk that looked like he was born with it; she knew he was internally judging everyone around him, she held her laughter at the thought of him judging the world like it is the end of it, but he also looked like the smartest kid in the whole school. She nodded a smile towards him and he did that same, he matched the energy she showed him.

And the only left, Henry; he was far more different than the others, messy hair but tidy in the same time. Again, confusing to her but not difficult to analyze him. Wait, she thought. He looked like the oldest of his siblings, he had round glasses hanging from his collar, is he trying to be cool or are those not hiss glasses but the way he looked; not fully focused she knew he has sighting problems. And he has the name of "kings" was a major fact that he is probably the eldest child.

'Would you like to look around the school?' Henry asked after he introduced himself, Clara gave him a smile shaking her head 'No, I am good. See ya guys around, have a great summer.'

She waved at them and left, Noah snorted hiding his face behind John only to burst into laughter on Henry's failed attempt to flirt. Henry shot him a glare to which Noah shut his lips with all the force to not laugh.

'That's was a good try' Noah said.

'Stop it Noah.'

John followed Clara 'Hey, Clara wait up. Did uh Jessica came along?'

Clara nodded looking around' ahh there she is' Clara pointed ahead, John followed to where she was pointing, under the three sat Stanley and Jessica casually talking, she had an interest look on her face listening to his friend talk about something he couldn't hear from far. But again it was Stanley; he is probably talking about something related with his projects, and from the look on Jessica's face it looked like he was for sure speaking about something related to science that might probably fascinating to her.

Clara exchanged her gaze from John; how was smiling to himself and Jessica who had no idea this boy was staring at her, the corners of her lips lifted into a smile, he was a lover-boy.

Clara cleared her throat snapping John out of his thoughts 'aren't you going to talk to her? just don't scare my friend please.'

'I ugh-'

'And don't say something stupid.'

John took a deep breath calming himself before gathering all the courage to speak to Jessica, he promised himself to have a full conversation this time. Yet again John felt dizzy as he walked the short way to his friend and Stanley.

Both Stanley and Jessica stopped talking when John showed up, they both stood up 'hi John.' Stanley said and taking the hint he decided to take himself out of their way 'I will go find the others.' With that Stanley rushed away from them giving them the chance to let John have a talk with the girl he likes.

'Hey' John smiled ruffling the back of his head growing all nervous.

She smiled wide 'Hello, John right?'

He chuckled 'yeah it is John. So how are you doing? Did you see the school?'

She shook her head 'Not really. I didn't really entered inside so I don't know? Humm you are heading back home?'

He nodded 'yeah, I am just waiting for my parents, you live here?'

'Yeah I live like twenty minute walk from here. Where are you from?'

'Montreal. It is not far from here' he chuckled.

She nodded not knowing what to say only to look behind John and see Clara motioning for her to speak more, meanwhile John saw his friends' motion for him to write something? They were mimicking writing motions on their hands.

'Uhh do you write?' he asked

She was taken back 'what?' she chuckled. He shrugged 'I mean do you like to write? Books?'

She shook her head 'No, not really but I like reading, novels?'

'Oh that is great, wait do you read poetry?'

She smiled wide now 'yeah! I love poetry well in third grade I tried to turn myself into a poet but I wasn't really good at it, so I decide to just stick to reading instead of writing. How about you do you write anything?'

He smiled 'I am actually a poet sort of?'

Her lips parted in a surprise 'that is so amazing, Have you had anything published yet?'

He shook his head 'I don't think anyone would like to read my poetry now.'

'You are probably good poet. You should try showing your poetry to the world.' She noted.

His parents were few minutes late for the first time, he was grateful in fact that they were late, he spent the extra minutes talking to Jessica the more they talked the more comfortable they got with each other. He learned that she plays the cello, and she learned that he enjoys reading and writing poetry. It was the first time she felt like her mind was at rest, he was too kind and never made her feel uncomfortable, and he threw in silly jokes now and then as they spoke, he made her laugh, genuinely made her smile to the point she felt her jaw hurting from the smiling and laughing.

Their conversation came to an end when he saw his father's car pulled up beside the gate. He didn't want to end the conversation but it was ending 'that's my father's car, I have to go.'

'Okay' she smiled 'have a great summer breaks, John. It was great talking to you.'

He smiled forwarding his hand 'see you soon?'

'Yeah, absolutely, I better get going.' She told him.

After saying the goodbye for at least three times John walked to his parents' car. Henry stood beside Clara making it not so suspicious 'Have you-'

'See ya' Clara cut him off walking away, leaving Henry there standing alone confused, she stopped for a second and turned to look at him with a funny look on her face to which he bowed like he is in a play, she laughed at that gesture.

'I like her' Noah said walking past Henry.

'Yeah, so do I' Henry whispered to himself mostly.

She was on the same level of him, she is witty and quite, well, for now she seemed quite given the fact she only talked to Dylan in full sentence and not any of the other dead poets members, he couldn't wait to know her more, he might not know her address but at least he knows her name.

Henry had his own plans on finding out more about her.